Prologue.

Anabelle Howell looked out the window into the Victorian neighborhood, nervous. Her Fiance, Nathan, was back in town, and he had requested to meet her. The stars shined brightly in the midnight sky, as she took a deep breath, preparing herself for what was to come. She adjusted her light blue nightgown, making sure she looked good for him when she heard a small whimper. Her daughter. Anabelle smiled tightly, as she went over to the small bassinet, placing a light kiss on the infant's forehead. Mere inches apart, she whispered, "I'll be right back. I love you." 

She pulled away, standing upright, moving her long, black, curly hair out of the way. It was time, and she quietly slipped out of her room, careful to not wake her parents. Seeing as she was only twenty, they didn't trust her quite yet. She closed her eyes, taking a deep breath before she began tiptoeing down the stairs, looking back up the stairs with every step she took. As soon as Anabelle had managed to get down the stairs without awakening anyone, she paused taking a deep breath, closing her eyes. She looked back up the stairs, to where her parents were sleeping. Where her daughter, the child accidentally conceived with Nathan when he proposed, and before he left for business, her joy, rested. She sighed, wishing she would know what would come next.  She slipped out the door, closing it gently, not knowing it would be the last time she would do so, and she walked briskly, going to meet the man she was to marry. 

The next thing she knew, she was looking at her own disfigured body, blood seeping from her chest as it leaked from her mouth as well, shards of rock in her eye, her body blue and bloated from the water that had seeped through as she fell, filling her lungs. And she wept, the tears staining her ghostly form.