Chapter 1

Chapter 1
We were driving to my best friends house. Her mom and my mom have been friends since high school and we've been friends since.. well forever. I haven't seen her in a year. Last time I saw her she was volunteering at an animal shelter, and we came to help. She's such a good person. I was so proud about what she was doing to help the animals, and I can't wait to see  her again.

Her name is Bea. Short for Beautiful. Pretty epic name. She's got straight dirty blonde hair, that reaches  to her shoulders. She's very short and very skinny. Bea has really bright blue eyes. That's why my nickname for her is Bea-Blue. She's a dancer. And a year younger than me, but we don't really notice.

Her mom is super nice and laid back. Not like my mom. My mom is strict. Bea's mom tells the best stories. My favorite is the one about how she decided to name Bea. She says she named her Beautiful because then every time she's upset and she yells Bea's full name, Beautiful Reno Blake, that she can be reminded that Bea is the most beautiful wonderful thing in her life, and she won't be so angry because she's so lucky to have Bea.

It makes me happy. It also makes me jealous though, because I wish my name was that unique. Of course I would never tell Bea that. My name is simple, ordinary, boring... Alex. It's basically a boys name. It's not an awful name, but I'd rather have something cool like Beautiful.

Well anyway we're on our way to see them and I can't wait. I can't even express how excited I am. So I put in my earbuds and look out the window at the trees going by.