The Tide's a Dangerous thing.

Chapter One. - I hate you!

ABI'S POV

"I HATE YOU" I shout at her

"No you don't. Abi please calm down!" My mum begs

I don't understand how we are even related,let alone mother and daughter. We are complete opposites, she is strict, tidy and uptight. I hate rules,am not very well behaved (i had a terrible report from school) and i am possibly the most messy person you could ever meet .

"Yes i do. I have NO freedom! I am almost thirteen and you walk me to school, walk  me to  my school that is five minutes down the road. You never let me do anything by myself or with my friends!!"

I look into her eyes, they are filled with sadness, but i don't care. I look to the floor. "Not that i have many friends" I murmur.

In fact i only have one friend Libby, she lives next door but we only ever see each other at school. How absurd is that! Anger bubbles up inside of me like lava.

"Oh, Abi." She says sympathetically she touches my shoulder. I push her away.

"Don't touch me. Don't act like nothing has changed. I used to be really popular!"

Ok i am stretching the truth a bit there but i did have quite a lot more friends. I take a deep breath and look right in her eyes with an evil stare.

"You only keep my freedom from me because of what happened to Dad!!"

As soon as say it i wish i could take it back. But it is there lingering in the air like droplets of condensation on winter mornings. I am shocked at myself. But i know that feeling is nothing compared to my mother's. Her face is as pale as a sheet and her mouth is opened in a big wide O.

I turn and race from the house with tears streaming down my face.