Not Until She Loves Me

Kellina's p.o.v

The sound of the falling rain soothed me. It always has. While some people detest the rain, I found it peaceful and beautiful. I love the rain. It was very symbolic to me.

She was symbolic to me. She was what words could not describe. Beautiful does not appeal to her because she's so much more. It's just the truth that I cannot hide. She was everything to me. There's nothing more I could want when I am with her.

I just want to protect her. I was just want to keep her safe from a world so cruel. I don't want anything to happen to her, because she only deserves the best. And I can provide that for her. I can make her happy.

"You're doing it again," Lauren said as she smiled in the dim lighting of our bedroom in our apartment in downtown Scranton.

"Doing what?" I laughed as I asked. It was only us, laying down in our bed, cuddling with a cozy blanket on this rainy Friday night. We had only a few candles to provide us light.

I cuddled close to her warmth that radiating from her presence. I held her in my arms. She was facing me, looking directly in my own eye with her perfect ones.

It was impossible not to get lost looking at her. By god and all that is holy, she's never looked so beautiful then she did right now. She wasn't wearing makeup, and her hair was tied up and resembled a mop. It made me smile, but I never felt closer to her than I do now.

She wore lace underwear and an old white ACDC shirt that hung off her shoulder with no bra underneath. She didn't have to try, because no matter what she did I could never resist the temptation to love her and to show her how I feel about her.

She was a rare diamond lost in the flames. She was my precious gem that I could not let go of.

"You're staring," she commented as she blinked.

"No, I'm admiring. There's a difference between the two," I replied.

Her smile grew a bit wider. Lauren rolled her eyes at me and blushed. I squeezed her a bit tighter. I just wanted to be close to her as humanly possible.

I wanted to embrace this moment because she's going to go away for a couple of days to see her parents in Philly. If there was a possibility of me going with her I would go, but I had marketing classes that I needed to attend.

My attendance was needed so I wouldn't go with Lauren as much as I wanted to. I just worry like crazy her. It's not that I'm jealous or anything, I don't want anything bad to happen to her.

"I'm going to miss you," I pouted.

"I'm going to miss you too, but you know that I will be okay."

"That doesn't mean that I still won't worry about you."

"Your hair is going to turn grey with all the worrying that you do," she sassed me.

"You're worth all the worry," I smiled before leaning in to kiss her. It was quick by gentle, but full of passion. It comfort me to know that she can handle and protect herself, yet I will still worry.

"I love you," I told her once my lips parted from hers.

"I love you too," she said. She blushed and buried her face in the neck and held onto her tightly. I kissed the top of her head, cherishing the moment that we are together because I didn't know what I would be able to do this again...

Silence... it consumed the entire room that I was sitting alone in. The tears forming in my eyes were beginning to fog my vision as I stared at her picture that was on my desk.