Words

I have been seen! That was a couple of weeks ago. At least he talked to me. He did talk to me. It wasn't some words that was just uttered but it had a sense and there was the look that he gave me. A look that somehow told me that he indeed saw me. Again—that was a couple of weeks ago. At that time I exists.

Samantha might be or may not be a friend to me. We talk—use words but nothing special. We usually start our year sitting next to each other because of our last names. Line partners, bathroom buddies, project partners, you name it—anything that involves our names in order.

"Moira?" I heard her called me today from the girls bathroom.
"Samantha? Yes, what's up?"
"Mrs. Sower is asking if you can join the debate team this year."
"Oh,I don't know," looking like a twerp beside her beautiful self.
"Come on Moira. It's going to be different this year. We need another person for our team." She sounded desperate. I joined the team once then never enlisted again. I thought I wasn't good with my words and realized that it wasn't for me.
"I'll try to come this afternoon if I finish early with the kids." I help out with Mrs. Maxwell's pre-K class when they wake up from their afternoon nap.
"Please do Moira. We will be in room 17."
"Alright."
Yeah right. I'll think about it. Why does she seem to be friendly with me today? Isn't that unusual? Am I thinking too much? She's not that bad but how come she's talking to me right now? Should I be thinking of bad things that she might be doing to me if I go? Oh man! I need to stop!

Room 17 was not a big room to be in. That means if I go then everyone will notice me and would be saying hi or something. Mrs. Maxwell insist that I go this year. She's one of those people who will be on your back until you do what she's asking you to do. So, I went. Just to get her out of my back, I went. Or was she really the reason or I also wanted it. Am I allowing other events to happen now in my life? Hmm, am I seeing things in a more colorful way? Let's see. This is not me.

"We will be competing this year with the Eastern Association of Christian Schools.", Samantha explained. "As you see, there are only a few of us this year but we reached the cut off with our number so no worries."
She was still saying something when I felt some warm breath behind me.
"What did I miss?," it was in a deep, warm voice. Did I say warm? What?
I turned around and found Andrew sitting next to me, well behind me but next to me. Andrew, the one from a couple of weeks ago who talked to me. The same on that I have looked for every first day of school hoping that he'll be back. The same Andrew who I always think about and hoping that one day would be seeing me for who I am. In short—the Andrew that "I want"!

"No," was my answer without even looking at him.
"She seemed to be talking too much. You're not listening!" He whispered and laughed at the same time.
Why does this person even talking to me right now? Why in the world is he sitting next to me pretending that he knows me! Im supposed to be all giggly right now but no! Im actually upset that he is like this to me because when he talks—I lose my words!!!!
I was about to answer him when Samantha called his attention.
"Andrew come up please. You're late but guys Andrew here will be this year's school photographer and he'll be going to most of our meets."
Great! Why Mrs. Maxwell did you have to force me to go this year! My last year...my very last year with Andrew!