Chapter 1

~~~Leah's POV~~~

Well, where do I start? My family and I just settled into our house, and I've already started homeschooling. Plus, my new single is coming out very soon.

I arrive at an interview at Radio Disney about my new song.

"What's the name of your single?" Ernie D. asks me curiously.

"It's called, Care to love," I reply sweetly.

"Interesting name, Leah. What's it about?" He smiles broadly from across the table at me.

"You'll have to wait to lessen and see!" I give him the cheesiest, brattiest smile.

"Oh, okay. Now tell us more about you. Give us the deets!" Ernie chirps.

"Well I have short, curly, brown hair, I'm mixed, I'm from Radcliff Kentucky, I'm seventeen, and my Dad's in the military. We just moved here, from NewYork. I'm really excited about my new life in Miami. I love green, pink, ruby red, and blue. I'm pretty much your your typical, country, teenage girl!" I put on a broad style.

"You heard it here first, America. Leah Bennett, a new rising pop star! Well, I think that's about all the time we have. It was great having you!" He thanks me before cutting the interview off and playing one of my songs. I roll my eyes at his cheesy gesture.

I hate reporters.

My Mom, who was sitting outside listening to the interview as it was on, knocks on the door. Ernie motions her in, "Alrighty, you ready?" She asks me.

I nod. "I guess so." I put my earbuds in and start walking out the building with my Mom trailing behind me, when I bump into a beautiful, tall guy, I'm guessing around my age who is wearing a red beanie.

I look up and meet his sparkling brown eyes.

"Oh I'm so sorry!" I apologize. I suddenly register who he is, Austin Mahone!

"It's cool, sorry. I'm Austin." He introduces himself as if I don't already know who he is.

"I know." He gives me a puzzled look, "I mean, yeah you are." He still just stares at me, "I mean, I'm Leah."

"Pretty name, Leah. Your song is really good, too. I'll catch you later!" And with that, he continued walking as if he had never even met me. My mom and I continue out to he car, to go home.