Cupid

"안녕, 내 이름은 나 재민이야. 만나서 반갑습니다."
("Hello, my name is Na Jaemin. It is nice to meet you.")

Leví raised one of her brow as her eyes curiously stared at the boy who she doesn't even recognized.

Why is he speaking in a different language....

Is he new? A foreigner? All these thoughts went through her head while her finger slowly put down the pen she was using a while ago in order to place her attention on the odd young stranger.

"Huh?"

"Oh, I'm sorry! I...i don't know why i spoke in Korean. Let me rephrase that — hello! My name is Na Jaemin. It is nice to meet you." Extending one hand in front of him, he badly hoped she'd accepted it with kindness despite his first impression.

"Najemien?"

"Jae-min. You can call me Jaemin." Without failing, he galleried his best smile at her although she had mispronounced his name.

Leví took her time to respond and this 6 second gap had managed to make Jaemin uneasy on his feet

Thinking that she might rejected his existence, he tried again. This time and very unlike his nature, he became straightforward with his intention.

"So, i heard you provide some tutoring services?"

"Tutoring...?"

"Yes, tutoring..." he took out his 'big gun' by taking out the small flyer he kept in his jacket pocket and showed it to her.

Leví recalled that she and a friend had posted a few flyers across campus that she can tutor a few main and sub for free. Adding at the bottom of the paper, stating that the only thing that they needed to pay were the books they would need for their subjects. 50% off due to the fact that it's been pre-owned.

"Ah...." she let out, nodding.
"What do you need tutoring for?"

"Marketing, economic and accounting." Jaemin mentioned, still maintaining his infectious grin.

"Okay, sure. I can tutor you. When do you want to start?" Leví considered, changing up her body language from uncertain and unprepared to confident and welcoming.

"Well, when will you be free?" Discreetly bright, he asked.

She took a while to answer his enquiry as she dashed through her schedule next to her work and scanned for any nearest empty slots.

"Ah, if you don't mind...this evening I'll be available."

Flushing cheeks, Jaemin's eyes widened slightly before he tried to hide his nerves. Stuttering
"O — oh, t—tonight?? So soon?"

"Mmm, i can rescheduled then..." her words trailed off as he quickly attempted to cut into that 1% of frustration in the air.
"No! No no no no this evening will be great. I mean, this evening will be good—"

Without uttering another word nor looking at him directly, Leví took out her black case iPhone and handed it to the boy.

"???"
"Dial in your phone number and give yourself a missed call." She instructed, still having her eyes on her schedule. Moving and planning beforehand of other dates and events in her head, jotting them down once she felt her phone was being lifted off her hand.

Jaemin abide and lightly tapped on the screen which was already on the Dial menu. Saved his name then proceeded to give himself a quick ring.

A cheerfull ringtone was heard muffled against the rough fabric of his black jeans. He hurriedly tapped the red button then kindly handed it back to the senior.

"I'll see you later? — ah, I'm sorry I didn't get your name." He mentioned.
"Oh, just call me Leví." Simply, she responded. Finally lifting her gaze up to look at the younger boy. Naturally and slightly moving her head to one side in order to adjust her fringe that was covering half her lids as she attempted a smile.

Which, by accidental, cause a cupid's bow to — not thoroughly punctured— but grazed across the flesh of his heart.