Blue-Eyed Seer

My gift inhibits many things; beauty, a deeper thought process, money,(I get from doing well in stocks, it's easy as I can see what will happen.) "enhanced senses", etc.... Getting in detail with the 'enchanted senses' talent. Well, by looking into your eyes... I can see your thoughts, emotions, and desires. I like knowing people on a deeper level, but try to come off as 'the normal ones.' I go to 'normal school,' and have a whole charade. I use my gift to understand them, imitate their ways. Sometimes it can be very difficult, being all alone with nobody that knows the truth. I could tell people, but I have the charade as an attempt to humble myself.

Summer is almost over, and I am prepared for the new year. I want to appear confident and outgoing at my new school.

FIRST DAY

When I arrive at the public school, I examine it carefully. From my research, it seems a bit of a hot spot for ghetto trouble-makers. Plenty of people to keep the attention away from me. Perfect.

The building looks well cared for, the perfectly straight letters above the entrance read,

HARRIET MIDDLE SCHOOL

I walk into the intimidating place, dreading everything the second I hear the amount of noise. My Heightened hearing taking in every single conversation happening in the large lobby. It took everything I had in me not to cover my ears and double over in pain. So instead, while biting my lip to keep from screaming, I tightly gripped my backpack straps and rushed throughout the crowd.

Of course, the noise disoriented me and made me dizzy. So I ended up tripping over myself and falling.
"Are you ok?" A warm voice asked. Embarrassed and blushing, I tried to avert my attention from anyones eyes. There was a group of boys staring at me. My eyes grazed over an innocent face with sharp features.

"oh... My gosh. Um... I'm... Really sorry. I'm new, my names Alice." I choked out after regaining my balance. The boy looked shocked. As the whole affair had happened rather quick, and I felt rude for interrupting whatever they were doing. He held out his hand and I shook it.

"That's... Uh, that's fine." He said as he ran his hand through his hair. "I'm Josh, and this is Jake, Kyle, and Max." He said as he pointed at the three gathered around him. The sound was drilling at my head harder and harder, until I couldn't take it anymore. I grabbed my head in pain, overwhelmed. With tears forming, I said,

"I have to go! Do you know where the library is?" Way to play it cool, Alice. For a brief second our eyes met.

And I saw his life flash in front of me. I gasped, and then I didn't care where I was headed. I just turned and ran as fast as I could down the hallway.