Girlfriend?

I walk up the small cobblestone walkway that leads to my house. I hum along to the song I'm listening to on my phone. For the rest of my life, for the rest of yours. I have my ear buds on full blast listening to 'Let Me' by: Zayn Malik. I take my keys out of my pocket and stick it into the keyhole. I hear the familiar click of the door unlocking. I inhale taking a deep breath of air and walk inside.

"Dad! I'm home from school!" I raise my voice slightly so he can hear me if he's in the kitchen or his room.

"Noah?" I call out.

"Are you there?" I ask not getting a response. I hear a few clangs in the kitchen. It sounded like a bunch of pots and pans fell.

"Noah, this isn't funny. Your scaring me." I say to no one. I crack the kitchen door open ready to scream when a familiar figure turns around, wide eyed.

"Zane! What are you doing here!? Your going to get me in HUGE trouble!" I almost yell at him.

What do you mean by, 'in trouble'? Anita, what's going on?" He says cupping my cheek and making me look into his piercing light brown eyes.

"I- I can't tell you Zane. But you need to leave, your going to get me in big tube if he finds out. So please Zane, for me, don't come back here." I tell him. Unshed tears are about to break from my eyes.

"Are you okay darling?" He asks concern filling his eyes. I shake my head unable to form words. He pulls me into a small but comforting hug. His arm wraps around my waist and the other cradling my head on his chest. He pulls away and kisses my forehead so fly making butterflies erupt in my stomach.

"You'll tell me if you need help right?" He mumbles into my hair.

"Of course I will Zane, thank you." I reply to him. I open my mouth ready to tell him about the abuse but the front door creaks open and dad's booming voice fills the silent air. I turn back to face Zane.

"Zane, you need to leave. Now." I demand fear contorting my features.

"What going on Anita? Please tell me, darling." He says softly.

"Zane, if you don't go now I'm going to get hurt more than planned." I say trying to push him out the window with all my strength. I hear dad's footsteps thumping as he walks closer to Zane, to us. The fear grows more as I try my hardest to push Zane outside. Suddenly I feel warm soft hands on my waist sending sparks down my body. I look up surprised as Zane tosses me up and catches me bridal style. Zane sprints past dad ignoring the crude comments and many threats coming from his mouth.

He starts running faster when he hears the patter of shoes behind him. I whimper on fear as I look behind Zane's shoulder to see dad darting after us with a bottle in his hand, his face beet red.

"RUN ZANE, RUN!" I scream at Zane. He respond giving me a brief nod and going into a full on sprint. Dad's face disappears within a few minutes. I look up at Zane and smile brightly.

He sets me down and enter a code into a keypad that unlocks the gigantic white gates. I tear my gaze away from Zane and take in my surroundings. I gasp in surprise when I see a beautiful house-well more like mansion. 

His house is a 3 story white house. The top is flat and has spikey things coming out if it. (Not in the scary way) It has 2 pillars in the front of it giving the half circle cutout of the roof support. You can see multiple windows and a double door, also white. There is a big pool poking out from the side of the house. There are trees and bushes scattered around the house making it look more elegant and expensive.

"Is this your house?" I ask him awestruck.

"Yea. It's not as nice as it looks though. Being in a big house alone can get pretty boring at times." He replies his eyes darkening as he clenches  and unclenches his jaw.