Compliments

You got my hopes up with all the compliments you used to give me. I thought that maybe I was special and maybe someone cared. But if I can't even manage to care about myself when I know the most about me, then how could anyone else care about me? I thought maybe I could have someone to talk to about what I'm going through all the time. But still no one would understand. I thought maybe someone could hold me and tell me it was going to be alright, but I'm not who you thought I was. You don't give me compliments anymore because you realized you couldn't care about me. How could someone care about someone who doesn't care about them self? I love you, those are words I'll only ever hear online. Words I'll never experience from someone who cares. Because no one will ever care. And no one was ever there. They only care about the mask you put on, as soon as you show the real you they turn and leave you behind! Nobody can love a liar. Nobody could ever love someone who can never love them self. I'm selfish for believing that somehow someone could care. I'm sorry, I can't accept compliments anymore. I don't like the lies anymore, none of it will ever be true. But sometimes I wish I could hear the lie, "I love you"