- TWO

—ANCHOR;
Chapter Two

                    GALE SAT in the open foyer, her eyes focusing on the crisp pages of the third installment to the Harry Potter series

                    GALE SAT in the open foyer, her eyes focusing on the crisp pages of the third installment to the Harry Potter series. Sunlight poured in through the grand windows, their maroon colored curtains drawn back and tied with thin rope. It was five in the morning, and the birds outside were singing their song. Gale couldn't help but be happy at where she was, up until Niklaus came into the room from the stairwell descending into the storm cellar. "Good morning, Fox," he commented with a sideways grin, pouring himself a honey colored glass of whiskey. "You have big plans for tomorrow." She rolled her dark eyes, silently ignoring the Original gliding toward the window. The outside was cool, the breeze dancing within the tree branches. Leaves were floating to their deaths upon the withering grass. "You attend school tomorrow. A full month before winter break."

The two hundred year old vampire slammed her book shut, her almond eyes screwed shut in annoyance. "The one thing you know I hate more than death itself is school. Why on this god forsaken earth would you enroll me into one?" she questioned, already standing to her feet. The air around the two grew tense; practically suffocating. Gale never did well in school. Of course she was an excellent scholar. It was never the grades that caused her hatred to spark. It was the people. The only person Gale ever trusted was her only friend, Porter Barnes. She felt her fingers begin to tremble as the monster named rage began to stir awake. Her temper was never one to toy with, and even Niklaus Mikaelson knew this. "Oh, come now, Gale. It's a whole different century. You will do fine," he pushed, knowing good and well that he was igniting something rather dangerous.

                    She strode ever so slowly toward the Mikaelson, her eyes changing into a deep shade of red. Her face was tense, locked into a sneer. Nik fought the urge to cower away, mostly because his pride would not let him. "Gale..." he warned, watching as those dark vines grew across her smooth, perfect skin. In a flash, her body was hovering over Klaus, her fangs bared in a snarl. "I am not doing this," she told him, easing closer until their faces were merely inches apart. "Oh, you will." Her body was thrown backward, collapsing onto the wooden center table, the clawfoot, mahogany piece of furniture crumbling beneath her small frame. The Original Hybrid took no time to grab his sired vampire by the throat and lift her into the air. "You will do as I say," he growled, only angering the girl forward. Her legs swung outward, wrapping themselves around his neck, spinning her body until his fingers released her airway. She fell to the floor gracefully, landing on her hands, followed by her feet. "Try me," she dared him, crouching closer to the wooden floors.

                    The two fought like animals, ripping and tearing each other practically apart. Niklaus tore her new pair of dress pants, while Gale dug her fingers into his back and ripped three marks down his glowing skin. It didn't cease until Klaus' fist had gone through her chest, fingers wrapped around her heart. "You wouldn't," she gasped, feeling him squeeze around her most vital organ. Her skin began to dim, graying while her breathing became rigid. "I wouldn't?" He toyed with her, bringing his face closer to hers. "Looks like I win." She gasped as he released her heart, sliding his hand back out of her chest cavity. Gale heaved, her almond eyes glared at the man before her. "That's cheating, Niklaus," she huffed, pushing herself up and off the now bloody floor. "And for that, you get to clean this mess up." He chuckled, refusing to argue with the quick witted woman, watching as she hobbled up the steps, leaving him to clean the chaos they both had caused.

ミ☆ ★彡

                     IT WASN'T until noon when Gale descended the stairs, dressed in a nice, yellow sundress, her arms covered by a gray cardigan. Her dark waves were cascading down to the center of her back, shining within the warm sunlight. Klaus sat on the couch, twirling a silver dagger between his two hands. The younger vampire hadn't even noticed, skipping past him and entering the large kitchen. The double refrigerators were stocked high with blood bags, all O Negative. She swiped a bag from the top shelf and a bendy straw, puncturing the clear bag and beginning to sip the thick liquid. "Mm," she hummed, traveling from the kitchen and back into the foyer. It was then when her eyes fell on the dagger twirling, glistening within the sunlight. "Niklaus..." She whispered, swallowing thickly. Fear rippled within her very bones as memories began to trickle behind her eyes. "Who was it?"

The Original grinned, stabbing the metal into the back of the couch. He was about to speak when the door at the bottom of the storm cellar stairwell slammed closed. Seconds passed and Gale found herself pinned to the wall near the grand windows. Elijah Mikaelson held her wrist up, spotting the very ring giving her protection against the harsh sunlight. "Please," she gasped, struggling to shake her head. Niklaus spoke up, warning his brother, "Ah, ah, ah. Elijah, remove your hand from my little dreamer at once." She gasped, slumping forward until her body crashed onto the floor. "Twice. I almost died twice in one day," she mumbled, her face buried in the large rug covering the beautifully wooden floors. "Why did you undagger me, Niklaus?" Elijah asked, glaring at the younger Mikaelson. The Hybrid paced the room eerily, his eyes scanning over both vampires. Gale had pulled herself into a sitting position, her arms wrapped tightly around her chest.

                     "I need your help, brother. We need your help." Niklaus held his hand out to Gale, who reluctantly took it and allowed him to pull her onto her feet. "I've got a plan." — "If it has anything to do with your hybrids..." Gale glanced between the two, her fingers wrapped around Klaus'. "Here me out. I need you to go and get someone." Gale bounced in excitement, staring back at Niklaus. "He's in Alaska right now. Tell him I sent you." She knew exactly who he was sending for, and she was quite grateful. "If this one is going back to school, she might as well have a companion." Porter was coming back. The small girl wrapped her arms around the Original tightly once Elijah had backed away. Excitement and gratitude radiated on her face beautifully. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" she squealed, bouncing on the hells of her feet. Klaus looked down at her, holding her cheeks in his palms. "I hope this makes up for earlier."

With an eye squinted grin, Gale let out an ear piercing squeal, followed by excited giggling. "Of course, Nik! Thank you!" She hugged him once more before running off. The Original watched as she bounded out the door and danced away in the grass of the front yard. She was scattering the leaves on the ground, picking them up and tossing them into the chilly air. Porter was coming back, and the plan was beginning. Klaus was going to get what was his.

ミ☆ ★彡

Word Count;
1229