Chapter five

The days dragged by. I had double potions most days. I was asleep in most classes. The only interesting subject, however, was Defence against the dark arts. Lupin was actually quite a good teacher, he seemed to know what he was talking about anyway.I still didn't trust him 100%, but we were getting there. I still wanted to know how he knew my mother, maybe he knew or rather knows my father? 

One day while in DADA, we were learning how to cast a patronus. Only a few of us were able to do so. Lupin told us that it was very advanced magic. A patronus charm is used to repell dementors. Instead of sucking out all your happy memories the dementor feeds off of one really happy memory, the Patronus. All of my happiest  memories, involved Fred. Summers at the Burrow  (His family's house) Getting into trouble for sneaking into the forbidden forest. Day trips to Hogsmeade, to name but a few. My Patronus, as it turned out was in the shape of a Dragon.... as Fred said "It's probably something to do with your tempermental personality"  It didn't help my case that I hit him right after he said it. 

The only other interesting part of my life at the time, was Quidditch. A sport played on broomsticks. There were seven players on each team. I was on the Gryffindor team, obviously. I was a chaser, along with Florence and another girl Katie Bell. Two Beaters, Fred and George, a Keeper, Oliver Wood our captain, and a Seeker, Harry. Oliver was in his seventh year and was yearning for the chance to win the house cup. So much so that he had us train nearly seven days a week. One day whilst at training Florence whispered to me 

"Guess who got caught snogging in the forest?"

"WHO?!?!"

"Lucie and Charlie!" 

"Well that's not surprising! How long do you think this one's going to last?!" Lucie had a habit of snogging boys and then dumping their sorry arses within a month. 

"I'll give it two weeks!"

"I'll bet you ten galleons it doesn't last five days!"

"Deal!"  

I was right ,of course. Within the next two days Lucie had her eye on another victim.