Warning

"Kim Jae Rin, you have 40 days to find a fiancé. Or else we're CHOOSING your fiancé," my mother warned before hanging up. I sighed and slumped in my seat. I was in my bedroom. Alone. My brother, Kim Taehyung, went to some party, leaving me alone in our apartment.

Here's some things about me:
- I live with Taehyung in a small apartment.
- I'm jobless.
- Taehyung works at a café.
- Taehyung and I are struggling to pay rent.
- My mother lives in Busan running her company.
- My mother and father divorced when I was 10.
- My mother rarely talks to Taehyung and I.
- I have one friend, Lee Ji Yeon.
- Ji Yeon works with Taehyung.

Since last week, my mother has suddenly been very persistent of me finding a fiancé because I was of "marrying age". In other words, 22. Personally, that's still quite young to get married. I had JUST gotten out of University. The best University in Seoul.

Sighing, I grabbed my coat and went to the café where Ji Yeon worked. It was pretty late at night, so Ji Yeon should be closing up the store.

***

As soon as I entered the café, Ji Yeon strangled me in a big hug.

"I... Can't... Breathe... Ji... Yeon..." I wheezed. Ji Yeon giggled before releasing me. I gasped for air. Ji Yeon leaned against the wall as she looked at me.

"Why are you here? You NEVER come visit me after work," Ji Yeon said sulkily. I stuck my tongue out childishly.

"I felt like it," I said. Ji Yeon rolled her eyes but could not suppress her smile.

"Anyways, Rinnie, I gotta go. I actually have a date tonight," Ji Yeon said shyly. I squealed. After all, it's not every day when your best friend gets a boyfriend. Ji Yeon seemed to read my thoughts when she whacked me playfully.

"He's not my boyfriend!" she exclaimed.

"Sure he isn't," I teased, wiggling my eyebrows weirdly. She laughed.

"Go!" I urged her. We went out of the café and she locked the doors. After a quick "good luck", Ji Yeon was off. Well then. I guess I AM going home. My thoughts were swirling as I went home. I was so distracted that I didn't notice myself walking in a dark alley.

What if I really don't find a fiancé? Will Mother really find some stuck-up, snobby and rich weirdo for me?

About now, I realised that this particular dark alley had a few men. They were gazing hungrily at me and it was hard for my nose to deny to strong smell of alcohol. I hastened my steps when two rough hands slammed me against the wall of the alley. A gasp escaped my lips.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing here?" the man asked in a raspy voice. I opened my mouth to scream but he slapped me. This is it. This is how I'm going to die. Goodbye cruel world. Hey. At least I don't have to find a fian- Suddenly, the grip on my shoulders were gone.

I glanced up in shock. The man was lying on the ground and glaring at another man. I was surprised. The other man yelled at my "abductor".

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" Mr Abductor screamed at my saviour. My saviour looked at me. I tried to recognise his face but to no avail. The cursed darkness was covering his features.

"Get out," my saviour said silently. I nodded and ran, the sound of punches filling my ears.

***

Author's Note:
Hey guys! I hope this wasn't the worst thing you've ever read. If it is, I'm sorry for wasting your time. Anyways, see y'all in the next chapter!