Chapter 1 The Dream

"OMG!Rhiannon I've missed u over summer sooo much!"

"Jaina!!" Rhiannon runs up and squeezes me tightly. "My little chipmunk has gotten so much trimmer I'm so proud of u!"

"hey!" Ok so I guess I'm not the skinniest person but I have been working on it!

" Soooo, have u seen your prince charming yet?!"

"Rhiannon!"

"What u know u like him!"

"Ya I know I know I told you!"

"What was his name again?"

"you really want me to zone out don't you? His name is Ryan, oh how he would look into my eyes and joke around with me and sit right next to me ignoring his friends just listening to me talk. Oh how I wish he knows how much I think about me and him... together."

"Wow, you have to talk to him!"

"I can't what if he rejects me! And I get all nervous and I turn all red and I-"

"HENRY!!!!"

I froze staring behind Rhiannon as Kaynen walked over. He stood right next to me and put his elbow on my shoulder.

My heart was beating faster than the words that almost came out of my mouth. Oh crap! I turned my head trying not to sweat looking right in to his gleaming hazel eyes.

Keeping it (as people say, cool) I just said "Hey! how was your summer?!"

"Ok I guess it would of been better with you though..."

I turned my head blushing. I turned to Rhiannon just to see that she was walking away leaving us alone. Why does she hate me!

"I like your haircut,short fits u

Jaina" Kaynen takes his finger and runs it through my short hair.

"please don't touch my hair." I take his hand and place it down out of my hair. I've never really like people touching my hair its my soft spot. Can't judge me.

"I've never seen u wear those clothes they look cute on you."

"Umm I just bought them, look there is something I've been waiting all summer to ask you,"

"Ok just don't turn your face too red u look sunburnt"

I narrowed my eyes at him but lightly shook it off. I took a deep breath Ok Jaina you've been waiting 3 months for this you can do it, just breathe. (clears throght)

" Kaynen, will you..." A tear streams down my face I don't know what I was thinking! What if he rejects me and our friendship is ruined cause of this stupid little risk! " Will u go out with me?"

STUPID STUPID!!! I run to the bathroom with mascara streaming down my face.

I go into a stall and slam the door shut leaning against the door sobbing my heart out.