From Ashes I Rise

So hello!

I'm back! I've been really busy with school and spending time with my father during the summer, so I apologize for not posting any stories for you guys to read! I just recently thought of this story, and it seems to me that this will be a big hit for anyone that really likes Dragons and Fantasy.

'We Came As Heroes" is definitely being worked on! The only problem is I had a little mix up coming to Ohio and I forgot my research I did for the story :/ so I apologize in advance for that. But here you go, another awesome story that I really hope you guys will love :)

Vote and Comment and hope to see you next chapter!

- B

______________________________________________________________________

__Prologue ____________________________

The tears of the Gods began to fall from the sky as the traveler made his way into town.

The man walked with a quick pace, his cloak embracing his figure in a shroud of darkness, and the accomplice being a large white horse walking alongside him. His presence made neither murmur nor sound come from the townsfolk as they made their rounds through the path of the cobbled streets; just small glances and tiny nods of greeting as they passed by each other. He clenched his hood more tightly to his face. Warmth in the town of Tarnis was known, but the cold thought of the rumors in his mind made the traveler’s spine chill in fear. This sense of foreboding was not from the weather:

This situation was more serious than that.

                Making his way through the village, he paused in front of a building and peered up at the tattered sign that rested there before him. Squinting his eyes, he read the words The Iron Throne carved and painted into the splintered wood. He had reached his destination. He rested his horse near the entrance and then entered the establishment.

                The tavern was a loud and lively sight. Shouts and songs rang in the ears of the traveler as the stench of alcohol came upon his senses. The smell was overbearing enough to make the strongest man tipsy. Making his way to the bar, he glanced at the scene of daily pleasures around him; A man fighting with another, a card game that had a strong leader in treasures, and harlots in the laps of many men. He was no stranger in the pleasures of the night, and partook in them often. This night, however, was for him to seek answers.

                “Welcome to The Iron Throne lad.” The rugged barkeep spoke as the traveler approached the bar “What can I get you tonight?”

                “I come for the one that spills poison.” He replied with a murmur as he leaned closer.

                The barkeep looked at him with a confused and angered expression.

                “Look, I don’t know what you came for, but we don’t have that-“

                The barkeep’s words were silenced as the traveler unsheathed his hood from his face, and unmasked a large scar upon the left eye, the pupil clouded with grey and a shaggy mess of black hair. The barkeep cleared his throat and stepped out of the bar silently.

                “Oh. It’s you. Right this way.”

The traveler nodded and followed the barkeep into the back of the establishment.

                “She’s told me much about your arrival.” The barkeep noted while he lead the man down the steps into the basement, his hand bearing a torch he took from the entrance of the staircase. The man only gave a nod of indifference in response.