Getting Better In Time.

Prouloge

*****************

Ever since i was eleven years old, i've had a horrible flashback. its not gorey and it doesn't show blood, its just one thing that i know i will never forget. those few last remaining words, the last sound of the heartbeat.

"I will always love you Peyton" My Mother told me her breath was shallow and labored, tears pricked my eyes once again. i could hear the heart monitor slowing down, i could feel her grip on my hand start to loosen her breath was slower. a small few tears ran down my cheeks as i saw my Mother's eyes close, it was the last time that i would see those Bright Blue eyes looking at me, the last time i would hear her say my name and it would be the last time that i would smile without pain.

The monitor had a continuous beeping sound. One after the next, it was the sound of my mother's heart and the sound that i knew would be the last thing i heard from my mother. Suddenly, the monitor changed its tone. This time the sound was constant. No breaks in between the beeps. Just a long flat piercing sound the penetrated my ears. The monitor had flat lined....

the last heartbeat, the last time that she was alive, and i was there. i was sitting at her hospital bedside holding her hand.

i let out continueous sobs  "NO" i screamed as the doctor turned off the monitor. it felt like someone had ripped my heart out and kept on kicking it around. i felt someone wrap their arms around my shoulders and hold me close while i sobbed into their arms making their shirt wet with tears. i looked around one last time as the doctor covered up my Mother's lifeless body with the white sheet. 

the next thing i knew, i was being led out the room and through the passageway to the Hospital waiting room. i looked up the wall and came across a mirror. my normal tanned face was red and puffy from crying, my Dark brown nearly black hair was tangled from sitting in the room and me nearly pulling my hair out from stress after my Mom was admitted two days ago after her accident.

"Peyton" my Dad said as he sat me down and looked me in the eyes, he was just as fragile as i was i could tell, he was falling apart. he just thought that he had to 'Be Okay' for me. when he didn't.