1

Hey all! Welcome to my new story! I hope you enjoy, please ignore any errors. The absolutely stunning cover is made by @tarbeary.kookies on Insta :)

The wind was howling, her hair blowing like a tree in a tornado. Her skin was gleaming from the raindrops that fell from the heavens. Her clothes long soaked and her mood damped Skylar wondered how she ended up like this.

In fact, she wasn't too sure how she did, one minute her and her family were lounging around, enjoying their Saturday night takeaway and the next sirens were blearing. She wasn't sure if her family was safe or even if she was. She had long lost feeling in her left arm and her head felt fuzzy.

The broken down structure she was currently seeking shelter under threatened to fall any minute but Skylar couldn't care less.

She didn't know how, when or how the storm formed, there wasn't any prior warning and definitely no time to evacuate. If it wasn't for the unusually high winds or the misty aqua clouds, one might think this was a regular hurricane.

The previously said clouds hung low to the ground, covering the building. In her 17 years of life, she had never seen something like this. Imagine the colour of a crystal clear, blue ocean. It was like that but in cloud form.

Before she had got separated from her family Skylar had noticed the cloud, calling them out to her parents, something even Stranger then the colours was the fact no one else could see them. She reached out to touch a whisp of the mysterious haze and was surprised to find it was cool and calming.

By this point Skylar has given up fighting and collapsed into a ball in the furthest part of the ruin, letting the clouds drift over her, relaxing her.

• 12 Days Later •

Skylar was full of so many questions, first of all, why has she just woken up alone in a hospital room, the world outside carrying on normally.

Where were her parents?

What was the clouds, had it all been a dream? How long had she been sleeping for?

Where could a girl find some food?

Glancing around she noticed in the furthest corner sat a boy, he looked to be her age. His eyes were shut indicating sleep. She tried calling out but he wasn't waking, grabbing the box of tissue that's was sat next to the bed, she piffted them at him.

The boy woke with a start as the box collided with his head. What confused Skylar was why it had had a misty blue trail behind it.

She boy slowly gained his senses back, noting she had awoken he called out, " Dr Banner, the girls awake, and she's throwing stuff at me" before walking over next to her.

"Well that's incorrect" Skylar started, she had always been a sassy one, "I threw one tissue box, and that was to wake you up" she scoffed.

Before the boy could reply the door swung open and a man walked in, he was dressed as a doctor with scruffy brown hair and his sleeves folded up.

"Miss Skylar, nice to see your awake" he started.