Chapter 15 - Retreat

Seeing them rushing towards him, he didn't engage them first and drove his katana to the shielder's throat that that lying beside him to finish him off to avoid unforeseen dangers later. After finishing seeing their subordinate die again, the blader's eyes turned red from anger and brandished his katana towards Jackson.

Although he was fast, he still can't keep up with Jackson on Lightning Aura mode and was about to be slashed in the back but Jackson felt his back being slashed by one of his enemies. 'Tsk I got careless, I didn't expect that one of his underlings already caught up to him.'

Jackson sidestepped to avoid the second slash that was coming towards him. He retreated for a few meters and drank an HP potion, although the wound was not deep, it was not also not shallow. After drinking the potion, even though the wound didn't close he felt the pain coming from his back slowly disappearing.

"You think you can beat us alone? Surrender now and maybe I'll show you mercy by giving you a swift death." The blader said as he rushed towards Jackson, he recognized the thing Jackson drank just now and it was an HP potion, although it was just a level 1 HP potion it was already 200alz per potion so he only has a handful of it in his troop.

'Ughh. I only have 6minutes left till I my aura will disappear, I need to finish this fast.' Jackson thought as he rush towards one of the bladder's lackeys and executed a skill [STAB & SLASH] the lackey was smirking while looking at the weird movements that Jackson was doing and slashed towards him only to hit the air, he discovered that his judgment of Jackson's distance was wrong.

His smirk only lasted for a few seconds and turned into horror when he saw his headless body. Jackson looked at the headless corpse and kicked the head towards the other one but he blocked it with his shield, he then dodged to the side after sensing danger coming from his back and an arrow went pass him and hit the shielder in the shoulders.

He then tried to slash towards the shielder and manage to wound him in his back, the man got electrocuted and went slumping on the sand in his face. The boss blader arrived and manage to drove Jackson away from the downed shielder "Take him to the back first, I don't want to loose another subordinate." the boss blader said as he blocked Jackson out of the way while the others carried the other man to the oasis.

"You're pretty good for you level kid, I'm Brentan. What's yours?" said Brentan as he put his katana back to his sheath.

Brentan was born as a commoner in the town, he was an orphan. When he was old enough to remember, he was in the orphanage with other kids his age. When he was 6 years old he escaped the orphanage and roamed the streets and stole things.

He lived like that for how many years until he was tried to steal a food of a bandit which is dining in an inn, well he was caught red handed and was brought back to their base and was taught the ways of being a bandit until he became their leader.

Although he was a ruthless person towards others, when it comes to his subordinates he values them like his own family, so when he saw his subordinates being killed one after another. He decided to just withdraw the attack and fall back.

"My name is Jackson, Do you still want to continue?" Jackson said as he put his katana back to their sheath.

Jackson doesn't want to kill PK players in the game except for the cheaters even now if they didn't tried to attack him first he wouldn't even think of killing them. Killing may be a bad thing to do but Jackson was still thinking that this world is the same game he played that's why he have no qualms about it.

Although it seems cruel but because of the urgent matter of being killed if he didn't retaliate he still didn't mind defending himself so as long as they leave him be, he won't stop them from retreating.

"You're strong and I respect that. I'll end this for today and not pursue this matter anymore because it was us that provoked you first." Brentan said as he retreated with his other men. Then at that time the two men that was disguised as the guards came.

"Boss, so how did it go? Did he have valuable items with him?" the scar-face man said as he looked at their leader who was tired from fighting. The scar-face man didn't even doubt that they would fail, just seeing their superior numbers most travelers or people who goes out of town is intimidated by them and just hands over their items exchange for letting them go with their lives. He was even surprised to see that their boss was sweating from the fight but he didn't even got the idea that they would lose.

"How did it go? 2 of our brothers was killed in combat and another one almost died. We retreated because I don't want to lose another of us." Brentan said with a dejected face, he didn't count the fact that they will encounter an expert that was much stronger than him.

'Jackson huh?' "Pass the word to all of our members not to provoke this Jackson." Brentan said as he rubbed his temple. 'Ugh, I have to think of a way to make it up to him so that he won't pursue this matter again.'