Chapter 1

3RD PERSON'S POV

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED TO A MAN YOU JUST DATED 5 MONTHS AGO!" Jennie yelled at her mother.

"We knew each other for 2 years now Jennie." Her mom answered.

"Still.. you can't just marry him that fast!" She yelled again.

"I thought you like him that's why you agreed when I asked you if I could date him?" Her mother asked.

"I know but just for dating." She answered.

"What's the purpose of dating him if we wouldn't end up together then?" Her mother raised her brow at her.

"Well.. that.." Jennie can't answer the question.

"Jennie sweetie.. please let me do this. I really love him more than I have loved your father. He makes me happy and I know that he will love you and take care of you." Her mother said.

"You do trust Marco, right?" Her mom asked her.

Marco Bruschweiler, known as Chef Marco is running a Culinary School in Bangkok, specialized in Thai cuisine and also organizing Thai, Vegetarian and Swiss food festivals worldwide.

He went here in Korea 2 years ago to open a restaurant named L.M. Cuisine and that is where she met Jennie's mother who  took the offer to be the Complex Executive Chef.

He's a good man, Jennie got to know him because she always go to the restaurant after her class and go home with her mother after she finishes her shift.

Jennie got to be closer to him because he always teach her how to cook and sometimes he lets her join the "food wars" or the competition in the resto every friday where his junior chefs will cook new dishes and present it to him. The winner dish will be added to the menu plus an incentive will be given to the winner chef.

Jennie once won the contest with her specialty which she called 'Gamjatang'. She was really happy when Chef Marco told her that he added it to the menu.

He told Jennie that it was similar to the Pork Back-bone stew his wife always cooks and his daughter's favorite dish.

That day, Jennue found out too that they are already divorced and his daughter is living with his wife.

He was a great person,  Jennie really admire him and treat him as her father. Maybe that is what her  Mom saw in him that's why she fell in love.

But.. Jennie just want to protect her mother because she might get hurt by a man again.. just like what her father did to her.

'Men cannot be trusted', that's what Jennie always thinks, the reason why at the age of 22, she's still single since birth.

'No regrets'. She graduated as valedictorian from a prestigious high school, Dean's lister up until now, and ofcourse, never got her heart broken.

"Mom, are you really sure about this?" She asked her mother worriedly.

"Never been this sure in my whole life." Her mother smiled at her happily, and that's what is needed to get Jennie's approval.

"Okay. Don't break your heart." Jennie said that made her mother squeal like a teenager.

"Oh my gosh! Thank you so much sweetie! Gonna call Marco and tell him the news!" Her mom said and left her at the kitchen.

"Seriously? Why does it look like we changed roles? Am I the mother now?". Jennie thought.

~~~~