Surprise Surprise

Sigh, I am saddening, I mean what human being can’t fall asleep the night before their birthday. Maybe there's some way to convince myself of a good reason to fall asleep. After a few minutes I wonder what time it is... I decide to look at the clock because I’m curious. Oh great, it's already 11 and I feel as awake as ever!

'Maybe closing my eyes will force me to sleep' I think

And wow it worked because the next thing I knew I was waking up to the grinning faces of my family.

"Uh.......hi?" I said to them

"Good morning" They replied ever so sweetly, which I found kind of creepy. But then I remembered what today was and I started grinning as well, and then I started thinking about what they were going to give me as gifts. My mind was about to think of a gift when I heard them screaming in my ears:

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I looked at them with shock from the frequency then my smile became wider and hugged them all, when I finally noticed they had gifts behind them.

"Oh cool" I said "are these for me?"

They nodded and I happily started tearing away at the gifts they got me. Inside one gift box, were expensive school essentials like pencils, pens, etc. I knew immediately it was from my mom and I gave one of my smiles that looked a bit like this :)

Inside another gift box were these cool red high-tops’ that I’ve been staring at in the store for the past 2 weeks. Considering we've only been here for a month, was pretty long. I tried them on and acted like a model on the runway twirling myself around and about. They all applauded and I’m sure I was smiling like crazy now.

The last gift box was from my brother, since all the other presents were from my parents. Inside it was a charm bracelet with neko's on it. It was so cute and I gave him a deathly squeeze.

"Onee...Chan...You’re killing...me...” my brother was looking at me with a frown, his face turning bluer by the seconds. I let go of him as what he said clicked in my mind.

"Sorry about that nii-chan, your present was just so cute that I couldn't help it." He was still panting when I said that, he was still giving me a frown, and then he coughed. I rubbed his back and he gave me one of his lop-sided grins. I gave him another hug, but this one was very light.

We threw a mini party, which included: my mom, my brother, my dad, my best friend Suzae, her parents, and of course, me. Suzae and I started chatting on the porch.

"So, how does it feel to finally be 14 Masuki-chan?" I laughed at the way she used chan. She uses it that way to tease me, along with my brother.

"it's great Suzae-CHAN" I say the last part really loudly, so loud in fact that I managed to blow her bangs all the way above her head, and considering she has long bangs, down to her eyes like mine I felt pretty satisfied after I got up from the floor where I was laughing my head off.

""Humph" she said sulkily and turned away. I tapped her on the shoulders and went to her other side when she looked to check behind her. When she checked the other way I went

"Boo!" I started giggling when I saw the shock on her face.

She screeched "I'll get you back for that!" I gave her a puppy dog face. She started to do the thing anime characters do when their angry, with the big red annoyed thing on their forehead. I decided to take this as a warning and started running.

"MASUKIIII GET BACK HERE" She started chasing after me. Laughing all the way I ran around our patio backyard the house then caught up with my parents. Mr. Temarei and Mrs. Temarei were getting their shoes on at the door.