Chapter One

This is the last time I do a fucking dare.

The club music was basically dubstep mixed with anything else that made you want to move your body to it. Not that I didn't like the whole club and party scene, but this was just too much.

The entire place was jam packed like a sardine tin. Who knew that so many people would be here just to see women dressed in nothing but bikini and bunny ears.

Tonight was auction night at club Del Ray. It was an event that usually only happened once a year like a Christmas or birthday celebration. Somehow they managed to do a second one this year for as per popular demand. There would usually be guys dressed like they were raised in the Playboy mansion, on the smooth black stage while they started to work their stuff and be sold to a man or woman for a week or two.

There were rules of course.

Tonight was weird though; there were equally enough women as men and I wondered if they were here to buy, or to scope out the men who just had rich friends.

"Look alive boo! Its your birthday!" My best friend shouted over the music. She was drinking something in a martini glass that I was just going to assume was martini. She drank a lot, so there could be a bunch of concoctions in that tiny glass.

"Jaz, I'm only here because you dragged me here due to a stupid dare." I tried saying over the noise but I doubt she heard.

I'm what you'd call a conservative but outward sarcastic person. I like parties and hanging out with people but, I'm not one to be as included in stuff with a bunch of other people unless I've known them for a while. I have a I curse a lot which I'm working on and a bad attitude sometimes, but I promise that I'm the nicest person in the world if you're not going to be an asshole.

"Come on," Jasmine wrapped one of her arms around my shoulder. "You're halfway to fifty. Live a little."

"This is peer pressure!"

She rolled her eyes. "Oh boo hoo. Run home and cry to daddy then."

I huffed in annoyance but a smile tugged at the corner of my lips. "Then you'd never be allowed at the house again. You're the one that told daddy that I was coming to your place for the weekend right? " Then instead brought me to a strip club. My father would have a heart attack if he knew. He'd say his little girl has been corrupted. "Besides," I continued, "You dared me to come here with blackmail."

"Come on Claire, you and I both know that you wanted to go somewhere exciting before the night ended.'' She pointed out. I shrugged.

Suddenly, the music faded until it eventually stopped. The flashing lights were put on halt as the spotlight turned on to show a petite woman in a mid thigh, black pencil dress.

She brought the microphone to her lips. "Goodnight and welcome to the Club Del Ray's, Strippers Auction."

The crowd cheered while there were whistles and claps.

"She sounds like a sex phone operator." Jasmine semi whispered.

I raised an eyebrow at her. "How would you know?"

She shrugged as the woman started to talk again.

"This is the women's edition and we do hope that we please you with our selection tonight."

"She looks great in that dress, dont you think?" Jasmine whispered again.

I gently pushed her and laughed. "Keep it in your pants, please."

The woman continued. "Before we continue, I must repeat the rules as we do every year. The rules are those as follows:

The person who you buy will belong to you for two weeks. Please keep in mind that they are human and you do not get to do whatever you want with them.