Chapter Six

"If I didn't know any better id think you have a crush on her." Jaz Commented as we drove home.

"If I'm being honest, she's more charming than I initially thought." I admitted.

She glanced at me briefly before looking back at the road then parked near a food stall at an opening and sighed. "Let's talk." She turned to me.

I was not too fond of those words coming from her, but I guess I had no choice.

She placed her hand on mine. "How do you feel about her?"

I Shrugged. "I like her a lot. but it's not as though id die if I never saw her again."

Jaz nodded. "Do you like her enough to date her? let her meet your family?"

My cheeks started to feel warm and I knew she could tell my answer so I kept quiet. I felt like my mouth would betray me if I began to talk anyway.

She tilted her head, regarding me for a moment. "This isn't like you. Have you thought this through?"

I rolled my eyes. "Of course I have." I'm not a baby, so why is she treating me as though I have no idea what I'm doing?

"You know I'm just worried about you right?" Her voice was softer this time. "With everything that just happened with Evan, I just want to make sure you won't get hurt again. You trust easily when you like someone. I want to know that you're safe and that you're not being used or, taken advantage of. Your heart is in a vulnerable state right now and even though I know this was my idea, I still don't want you falling for someone that you met in a strip club that you don't fully know yet. People pretend to be what they're not when trying to gain your acceptance and trust. I just want you to be sure. please."

I leaned in, so our faces were no more than centimeters apart ad placed my forehead on hers, closing my eyes. "I know love. Thank you." I pulled back and smiled. "but even if I'm not thinking straight, I'll have to set me on the right path."

She leaned back and started the car again. "It's a full-time job. I Need to start asking for pay."

***

"Why do these guys keep bugging me?" Jasmin rolled her eyes. she tucked her credit card into her purse. "I keep changing my number and they keep getting it. Well about this blessing thing. you guys could've told me when I was there."

"Well, she wanted to give you the chance to know her first. If she had asked then would you have given her the green light?" I asked.

"You have a point." She put on her shades and turned to me. We were ready to head to my house for brunch. I personally wanted to spend the day with Elora but my stepmom insisted. "I probably wouldn't have but she seems cool."

"You should spend time with her. She's really sweet." 

"As are most serial killers when luring their next victim." She retorted before grabbing her keys.

Walking through the door, I received a text. 

Elora: 'hello there pretty lady.'

Me: 'Hello to yourself beautiful'

Elora: 'So I'll Meet you guys at the famous new pizzeria.'

Me: ' I can't. Remember about the brunch plans I told you I had to attend with my Parents?'

I sat in the car and we drove off as I received another text.

Elora: 'Wait, So You didn't invite me?'