Chapter 10.

Yoomi's POV ( 유미);;

"LEE YOOMI!"

"Appa i am so, so sorry! I totally forgot you and hyuntae was visiting me," i say as i bow to him.
"It's nearly ONE IN THE MORNING! What the hell were you doing at this time?" He yells.

I gulp.
Kissing namjoon.
"I was studying at the libary..." i lie.
"At ONE?! I was having a breakdown because I didn't know where my little girl was!" He yells.
I put my head down.
"Appa, calm down," hyuntae says as he puts his hand on my dads shoulder.

Appa sighs as he rubs his temple.
"Are you lying to me?" Appa asks. I shake my head. I felt so bad lying to him. He sighs.
"Fine... but i will be facetiming you from now on, at 11pm! No going out after 11!" He sternly says.
I nod my head.

"I'm sorry yoomi, I'm just really, really stressed about work and seeing you weren't home i just had bad thoughts coming into my head... i am a dad after all. But if i find out you're lyin-"
"Appa I'm sorry and I'm not lying... lets get inside..." i say as i lie straight through my teeth.

I walk inside my apartment with my brother and dad behind me.
"Wah... how can you live in such a small place? I tell you that i would upgrade your living places," my dad says.
"No,no! I like it here.. it's cosy and comfortable," i smile.

Appa chuckles.
"You are so humble and very grounded,"
"Yah hyuntae! Take notes from your sister!" My dad laughs.
Hyuntae looks at him and glares.
"Do you want me to slap that glare off your face?" Appa jokes.
"Go on and try, old man!" Hyuntae teases.

Just hearing my dad and hyuntae 'fight' is so comforting. I missed their bickering so, so much.

I yawn slightly while i watch my dad put my brother in a headlock.
Both their heads shoot up to look at me.
"Are you tired?" Hyuntae asks, still in a headlock by my dad. I shake my head.
"Are you sure? Because me and dad can g-"
"No, please stay!" I say widening my eyes.

They both smile at me.
We sit down on my couch and we watch some tv. I feel my eyes slowly drifting into a deep sleep. I tried my hardest to stay awake but i just couldn't.
"It's okay yoomi-ssi, you can sleep... i promise we will be here when you wake up, I won't leave this time." I hear my dad whispered. I smile and i snuggle into his lap and fall asleep.

It's been months since actually spending time with appa and hyuntae. I felt so warm and happy. I couldn't forget about the kiss me and namjoon shared, i needed to call him tomorrow to explain why i ran off like a maniac.

Next day:

I open my eyes slowly. Light coming from my blinds. I rub my eyes as i sit up from my bed.

Wait... didn't i fall asleep on the couch with appa and hyuntae?

I get out of my bed and walk around my apartment.
"Appa? Hyuntae? Guys?" I say as i look around. My eyebrows furrow as i see a piece of paper on the kitchen counter.

I look at it and it's addressed to me.

Yoomi-ssi, me and hyuntae had to leave because of an important business issue we had to deal with.
We didn't want to wake you so we left you asleep. And yes i know i said i would be there in the morning but honey please understand that this was urgent. I didn't want to leave but i had no choice. I will call you later at night, remember to eat well and i promise we will spend time soon! I promise you yoomi.
Love appa xx

Tears brim my eyes as i read the letter. I throw the piece of paper across the room and sit on the floor, hugging my knees.

Why did i think he would stay? Appa always leaves. He always puts his business before me. He always breaks his promise.