Chapter 1

This Is How It All Started

Monae POV

You would think a 16 year old would be living a simple life.Only worried about keeping their grades up and what outfit to wear .Well my name is Monae and im about as stressed as they come.I have responsibilities , actual responsibilities at the age of 16 .I have to take care of myself and my house hold. im doing everything by myself, perks of having an drugged addicted mother and a father that disappeared before I was born. I go to school through out the day and work through out the night so we can eat and have a place to live.

***ALARM GOES OFF***

I get outta of bed prepared for yet another long day .I shower and do my hyigene thing .I dress in sweat pants and a t-shirt and some slides I have to go to work no point in getting cute.I grab my bags yes i said bags.A bag for school and a bag with my work clothes .I do a walk through of the house to see if my mom is home .Its no surprise thats she is not here Which could only mean one of the two things she will be back before the day is over or i will have to go looking for her again .

I knock on the neighbors  door Ms.Love knows my situation she doesnt judge and she helps when I accept it or when I really need it .

MS.LOVE: GOODMORNING MONAE

ME: GOODMORNING MS.LOVE

MS.LOVE: YOU NEED ME TO KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR YOUR MOTHER?

ME: YEAH SHE LEFT AFTER I WENT TO SLEEP AND WASNT HERE WHEN I WOKE UP 

MS.LOVE: I'LL TEXT IF I  SEE HER YOU ARE A STRONG YOUNG WOMAN MONAE REMEMBER THAT AND IM PROUD OF YOU 

ME: THANKS IM GOING TO BE LATE FOR SCHOOL ILL SEE YOU WHEN I GET HOME 

MS.LOVE: OKAY BE CAREFUL MAKE SURE YOU TEXT ME SO I KNOW YOU MADE IT HOME 

ME:OKAY 

Ms.Love always looked out for me checking on me and making sure im okay .She stays up until i come home from work everyday she only goes to sleep after she has seen that im in the house safely .She is like a second mother but i will never addmit that out loud i still have faith in my mother she will get better .I walk to school which is not far i grab a muffin before starting the first part of my day. After school is over i check my phone to see if my mom came back home yet ..NOPE .I run to  the bathroom and change my clothes .I damn near run to work so i wont be late I work at a diner called Cat's .After work I go looking for my mom .I go to her normal spots but shes not there .So I take the bus to other side of town she rarely comes over here but when her regulars wont sell to her she comes to this side .I found her outside a bunch of abandon houses about to buy drugs from somebody that looks around my age .

ME: HEY! DONT GIVE THAT TO HER !! **I make it just in time to stop the drugs from touching her hand 

DRUG DEALER: WHO TF ARE YOU?! YOU MESSING WITH MY MONEY AND I DONT PLAY ABOUT MY MONEY BITCH

MY MOM: THIS IS MY DUMB ASS DAUGHTER SHE DOESNT KNOW HOW TO CATCH A HINT SHE JUST WONT LEAVE ME ALONE IM NOT YOUR MOTHER I SHOULDVE ABORTED YOU I DONT LIKE YOU IM NEVER GOING TO LOVE YOU JUST GO AWAY LEAVE ME ALONE BITCH!! 

ME: LETS GO WE ARE GOING HOME YOU CAN KEEP THE MONEY