Chapter 2

*A Week Before Tour*

JJ's POV:

I finally finished my last day of school and finals. Kevin and I only have these two days together before he leaves for London and I go on tour on Friday. So he is sleeping over my house today and tomorrow I'm sleeping over his so I can go with him and his Moms to go drop him off at the airport. "Yo JJ, you want to go to the studio and mess around like last time?" He asked. "Sure why not. I have an idea." I smiled and we went to the studio room. "Hey check out what I made." He said plugging in his laptop into the main system. "It's your Dad's song 'Rebel Love Song' but I put a hip-hop kind of twist to it." He smiled as he played it and it was really good. I started to mess around a bit with it but making sure to keep he's original vibe to it until we thought that it was awesome. "Yes. Now play it back." I smiled hi-fiving him before getting into the recording booth. I put the headphones on and he played the song and I started rapping and singing along to it.

(Rapped) (Sang)

"I cannot hide what's on my mind

I feel it burning deep inside

A passion crime to take what's mine

Let us start living for today

Never gonna change my mind

We can leave it all behind

Nothing's gonna stop us

No, not this time

So take your hand in mine

It's ours tonight

This is a rebel love song

Hearts will sacrifice

It's do or die

This is a rebel love song

My outlaw eyes have seen their lies

I choke on all they have to say

When worlds collide what's left inside?

I hold on tight and hear you pray

Never gonna change my mind

We can leave it all behind

Nothing's gonna stop us

No, not this time

So take your hand in mine

It's ours tonight

This is a rebel love song

Hearts will sacrifice

It's do or die

This is a rebel love song

Wild and running for one reason

They can't stop us from our freedom

Wild and running for one reason

They can't stop us from our freedom

Never gonna change my mind

We can leave it all behind

Nothing's gonna stop us

No, not this time

So take your hand in mine

It's ours tonight

This is a rebel love song

Hearts will sacrifice

It's do or die

This is a rebel love song

Take your hand in mine

It's ours tonight

This is a rebel love song

Hearts will sacrifice

It's do or die

This is a rebel love song" I finished and got out of the booth and Kev did his thing and made everything sound perfect. "Sounds good Boys" Mom said and we turned around to see her standing there with the door to the studio closed. "Please don't tell Dad. It was just for fun." I pleaded knowing that Dad doesn't want me in the music industry. "I won't. But you should put it on YouTube if you're doing it for fun. Like I used to years ago." She suggested. "What if Dad see's it?" I asked "We could come up with a fake name for you. Oh you could even do kind of like a Hollywood Undead thing and rap through a mask." Kevin suggested. I thought about it for a second. "Let's do it" I smiled "Yes! I'll go start designing" He said excitedly before grabbing his laptop and running into my room. "Don't worry. This will be our little secret as long as you only do it for fun on YouTube." Mom smiled at me. "Thanks Ma. Why does Dad not want me to be like you guys?" I asked hugging her. "He doesn't want you to go through what we went through in this industry. It may seem great but you should know from seeing firsthand what Dad goes through with people watching his every move. He just wants you guys to try to live as much of a normal life as you can. I'm sure that when you're older he will gladly support you if it's still what you want to do. But for now he'd rather you focus on school. Ok?" She asked pushing my long hair out of my face as she gently held it in her hands. "Ok." I said then she kissed my forehead before I went to my room. Kevin and I had just finished the perfect design for my mask and outfit before Dad called us for dinner. The mask is a royal purple with black cracks and gold in the middle of the cracks. For my outfit it's going to be all black with purple and gold cracks in it. After dinner we got ready for bed before laying down in my bed trying to come up with a name for the channel and I guess my character. "Purple Doll?" Kevin asked "Doesn't sound right. We need something to represent the kind of music scene that we want to cover." I said. "I don't know man. The only thing that all of our favorite artists have in common is probably being sponsored by Monster." Kevin sighed "Monster." I said thinking about it. "Already taken by the monster company." Kevin laughed then something clicked in my head. "That's it" I said sitting up "What?" Kevin asked confused "Taken By The Monster" I said then he thought about it before sitting up excitedly. "Taken By The Monster! It's perfect" He smiled before we did our brother handshake. We laid back down before falling asleep with smiles on our faces.

*Morning*

I woke up to see Kev doing something on his laptop. "What are you doing?" I asked while yawning. "I just got done with the YouTube channel. Look." He smiled as I walked over to look at his laptop. He had created not only the channel but the banner, icon profile, and the whole design of it. "This is amazing" I smiled at him. "Thanks. Look I even came up with a name for myself." He said pointing to the bottom of the art. "Frenzy? I like it" I smiled then I thought about what my name should be. "What about Nightmare?" I asked "Perfect" Kevin said smiling as we uploaded the cover song with the picture of the design that Kevin did. In the description we put that it was a cover and that Nightmare was vocals while Frenzy was designer and that both made the sound. We were so excited to have this that we even made twitter accounts and Kev made the design of Frenzy. Frenzy looked like Nightmare, but the colors swapped. The mask is a black with gold cracks and royal purple in the middle of the cracks. For the outfit it's going to be all gold with purple and black cracks in it. "Guys! Mommy said breakfast is ready!" Taylor knocked on my door. "Ok!" I called back. We saved everything before closing Kev's laptop and heading downstairs. "What are you boys all smiley about?" Dad asked amused at our smiley faces. "Huh? Um.." Kevin stuttered. "Oh he was telling me about this hottie in his class." I lied nudging Kevin and making him calm down. "Remember to be safe" Dad said casually "Babe!" Mom yelled at him. "What?" He questioned with a mouth full of food and she just shook her head. "Anyway. Kevin, we'll miss you while you're away." Mom said as she handed us our breakfast. "I know. This is my first time being away from everyone. I'm going to miss my moms." He said "At least this will get you ready for when we go away to college together in two years." I smiled "Please, don't remind me" Mom said holding her chest. "Don't worry Mommy. You'll still have me." Taylor smiled at her and we all laughed. We finished eating then Kev and I got all over our stuff together to go over his house tonight.