Chapter One

I was ready. I was more ready than anything I've ever been ready for. I wanted this.

I was currently standing on the edge of a bridge, 5 miles outside of town. I had just gotten the news that's wouldn't be going to Stanford and was crushed. I had worked for months to get into that damn school, and it was all for nothing.

I've been thinking of jumping for weeks now, but this has finally pushed me over the edge. Literally.

I took a deep breath and climbed over the railing, staring at the blue, rocky waters underneath.

CASTIEL-

"Castiel!"

I turned around quickly. "What is the matter, Gabriel?"

"Your girl. She's in danger." He looked frazzled, skidding to a halt in front of me.

I had been up in heaven, helping my garrison clean up one of a particularly angry and powerful demons messes. I knew it was stupid. I should have been down there, with her. Watching her. Her thoughts have grown darker these past few weeks, and the anticipation to know if she had actually gotten into that stupid school was just the beginning of it.

I have watched her since she was a child. When I found out about. . . Well I knew I had to know her.

Gabriel saw the worry flush over my face, and he needed no answer as to where I was going, or when I would be back. He knew I had to save her, even if it was against the rules.

I stood directly behind her wordlessly. I watched her for a moment. This was the first time I had seen her from her level, not from heaven. She seemed even more beautiful and got some odd reason I felt a rush of emotion. Curiosity? I had to see her face.

"Kathryn." I said, hoping my voice didn't tremble.

She quickly turned and was not what I expected. From this close I could tell her eyes weren't brown as I had always thought, but instead had small flecks of brown. Her eyebrows knit together in anger. She had pimples littering her cheeks, along with freckles. Her lips turned into a scowl.

She was beautiful.

"Who the fuck are you?" She shouted.

I stepped back, suddenly afraid. I had taken down dozens of demons at once, but a girl? Kathryn none the less? She frightened me.

I didn't want to tell her just yet. I didn't want to sway her decision about me in any way, so I decided to take the easy answer.

"I am an angel of The Lord and I have come to save you."

I somehow think this wasn't going to turn out as smooth as I had imagined it.