Chapter One.

Heather stared at her reflection in the mirror, barely able to recognise herself. Her face was now puffy, and her eyes rubbed red raw from crying.
She grasped the bathroom sink for reassurance, fearing that at any moment her legs would give way and she would collapse to the ground.

"Pull yourself together, Heather." She whispered. Her voice was wobbly, breaking in both pitch and frequency as she spoke. "It was just a scene, it wasn't real."

God, but it had felt real. The emotions, the sexual tension it was undeniable. Heather couldn't ignore it, her brain wouldn't let her.

The cast had just finished filming the latest episode of Glee. But this time, the scene had revolved mostly around her character Brittany S Pierce and her on-screen girlfriend, Santana Lopez.
Ryan Murphy had not held back this episode, he had pulled out all the stops and tugged on all heartstrings by making the couple break up.

Heather shut her eyes, desperately trying to cease control of her breathing again. She could still hear Naya's sweet voice in her head, repeating the heartbreaking monologue:

"Let's just do the mature thing here, okay? This is not an official breakup. Let's just be honest that long-distance relationships are almost impossible to maintain, because both people are rarely getting what they need, especially at our age."

Perhaps it was because in that moment, Heather lost herself in the acting or that it had felt like she really was losing her best-friend.
She curled her fist into a ball and slammed it down onto the ceramic bowl before wincing at the pain.

Heather didn't know why she was feeling this way, she was upset, she was confused and she was hurting.

The sound of a door clicking open and light footsteps following broke the silence. In one swift movement, Heather used her jumper sleeve to wipe her tears away.

"Hemo?" Heather recognised that honey-like voice immediately, Naya. "Are you in here?"

Heather took a deep breath before turning around to face her friend.

"I'm here," She replied, breathing sharply through the pain.

Naya stood at the opposite side of the trailer, rummaging through her purse as her dusky brown hair fell gently over her shoulder.

"You should've seen Cory a minute ago, he did this hilarious impression of Dianna and..." Naya turned her head over her shoulder, making direct eye contact with Heather. Immediately, she stopped mid-sentence.

"Heather? Are you okay?" Slowly, Naya dropped her purse on the counter and walked towards her distressed friend with open arms.

Heather bit down on her lip. Hard. Resisting the urge to breakdown once again.

"I...I'm..." Heather stuttered, tumbling over her words.

"You look like you've been crying, what's wrong Hemo? Did someone upset you?" Naya was so close now that Heather could feel her breath on her neck.

Without warning, Naya had wrapped her wiry arms around her, pulling her into a tight embrace.

"I'm fine." Heather snapped. Squirming and wriggling from Naya's grasp.

There was no stopping the tears now as Heather crossed the room, staring expectantly at Naya to do something.

"Woah," Naya scowled, holding her hands up in defence. "Okay."