Chapter 1 - Daddy's Little Girl

Canada's PoV

"Hey Dad, I'm going to be dropping of Alasie in an hour or so. Everyone else is too busy to look after her and there are no babysitters up here. Thanks, talk to you soon. Bye!"

I groaned as I hung up the phone, Northwest had left that message about a half-hour ago. Which meant that she would be here soon. Better get dressed out of my pyjamas. I turned to look at the calendar that hung beside the telephone. What day was it today? Oh right, Wednesday. Oh, maple! I have a world conference! I can't just tell Eira that I can't look after Nunavut today. What am I going to do!?

I decided that I would just have to take my youngest with me to the conference. With that sorted out I went to get changed.

Time Skip (Brought to you by non-wheat and wheat by-products)

I was just finishing up my pancakes when the doorbell rang. I tossed the dishes into the sink and went to answer the door. "Come on Kumajiji," I said beckoning to my pet polar bear. "Let's go see who it is."

"Who are you?" he asked. I sighed.

I opened the door to see the Northwest Territories holding Nunavut in her arms. "Daddy!" The little girl exclaimed jumping out of Eira's arms and running to me. I smiled down at my daughter.

"Thanks, Dad," said Eira. "For being willing to look after her. Nobody else wanted to or they were too busy."

"Well, I wouldn't miss a chance to see my favourite little girl," I said picking up the chibi 3-year-old. "I'm going to bring her to the world conference. You want to go to the world conference Alasie?"

"Yeah!" Alasie shouted excitedly. Her dark brown eyes shining.

Eira looked worried. "Are you sure that's a good idea?" she asked.

"I think I have been keeping you guys a secret for too long, and most of you can look after yourselves anyways. It should be fine, don't worry Eira. Now you should go to whatever you are going to."

Northwest smiled brightly again. "Okay, okay I'll get going. You be good for Dad Alasie," She turned to leave, "Thanks again Dad, bye!" With that, she went down the porch steps and I shut the door.

I sat Nunavut down on top of Kumakajiji and led them both to the door of the garage. It was a good thing Alfred was hosting the conference today, so we didn't have too go to far. "Can we go now, daddy?" Alasie asked looking up at me with wide eyes.

"Yes, we can," I picked up my briefcase and opened the door.