Chapter 03

Chapter Three:

Truthfully Kade had never been one to classify himself as a strong believer, mostly he figured there was probably something out there bigger than himself but he just didn't know what it was. Even more so he didn't really care to go around assuming that he did understand it in any compacity. However, he definitely felt whatever greater being that was out there was being especially cruel to him at that moment. As he sat outside of the dressing room on a creamy peach-colored ottoman in a store he would never go into on his own free will, listening to his sister bicker over whether or not Iris could pull off a green jumpsuit with a daisy floral pattern. He definitely felt picked on.

This was only the second store they'd gone into today and he already wanted to be home in bed pretending he didn't still have the rest of the month to spend with his sisters. The twins had arrived all of three days ago and he was already contemplating calling his mother and informing her that the decision had been a huge mistake. Iris and Ivy were only nineteen, so naturally, he tried his hardest to use that as an excuse for why they were so annoying at times but during moments like this he honestly just wanted to get up and leave them stranded on their own with little to no hope of seeing them anytime soon.

Kade dropped his face into his hands, sighing heavily as he realized that this was how he was going to be spending his day off. The girls had purposely shown up with little to no luggage, claiming it was because they'd wanted to travel light but Kade knew it was just an excuse to have him buy them more clothes. They were staying for the entire month of October packing light didn't make any sense and they all knew that. Not that it mattered that it was an obvious scheme because when Kade pointed it out to them they'd just shrugged and told him that it didn't matter whether they did it on purpose or not. They knew he was still going to buy them new clothes and after a long debate, Kade had managed to keep firm on his answer of no for all of two hours.

"Someone seems to be having a bit of a bad day." The voice came up behind him suddenly, delicate hands rubbing the tense muscles in his neck without even a thought of hesitation. Kade was absolutely positive at this moment that his earlier thoughts about some greater being out there screwing with his life today had been completely accurate as he felt Daniel McGless leaning up against his back.

"Why are you here?" Kade asked him not bothering to pick his head up from his hands to look at the younger man or stop Daniel from touching him. The redhead only just giggled in response, leaning in close to Kade's ear humming briefly before dropping his arms over his shoulders to circle oddly around the older man's neck. Feigntly Kade felt him shift against his back and could only assume he was shrugging in response to his question but he didn't care anymore. Daniel settled his chin onto Kade's shoulder, instantly Kade noticed he smelt the same as he had two weeks ago, like honey and vanilla, briefly finding himself curious if Daniel wore that particular perfume all the time.

"Uh, Kade?" He lifted his head at the sound of his sister Ivy's voice to find her and Iris staring at him in complete bewilderment. Kade didn't bother trying to explain the situation as to why Daniel was hanging onto because he honestly didn't have an answer for them. He hadn't spoken to the younger man since the social event over two weeks ago and he remembered very clearing having been less than subtle when he had turned him down.

"Hi, I'm Daniel, Kade and my older brother Harry are good friends." He explained to the twins still not bothering to remove himself from where he'd seemingly made himself comfortable. Kade watched as his sisters regarded Daniel suspiciously obviously still confused by seeing the two together. Daniel was obviously not the type of person Kade would normally find himself associated with. He was the loud flamboyant club going type whereas most people Kade would consider his friends were the quiet drink coffee and chat types.