158

Automated voice message system: You have one new message. Message one. *beep*
Hey... it's me. Surprise... I'm not dead. I don't think so anyway. I'm still able to think and exist, but all around me is a pitch black: I can't see or hear anything. At least this time there's peace and quiet, but that's not what I called to say. I just.. I wanted to say... I'm sorry. I know that that's not enough to make up for what I did, but let me explain. When I first discovered that this world wasn't real, it broke me. It plunged me into a sea of despair and I always remembered no matter what I did. What made it worse was that I was truly alone, isolated from anyone who might even begin to understand... until Sayori introduced you to the club. I immediately knew who you were and where you were from. You were my only connection to a world beyond my own, to a better and brighter world, or, at least, one that was real... That's also the reason I'm calling. It took me some time to realize, but I think I finally understand... I never loved you. I didn't ever take or get the time to love you; instead I learned that you were from a place that I was already infatuated with and that infatuation was placed on you. I'm really sorry for that. The truth is you didn't and don't deserve it. You deserve someone who wants to take the time to know you, to grow and learn to love you... and you deserve someone who loves you better then I can. That's another thing I realized in this quiet void. For all my talk about Sayori, Natsuki, and Yuri not being real, I never stopped to think about the fact that I'm nothing but 1's and 0's too. I'm not real... Maybe I was, but..... Anyway, despite everything that happened I still want the best for you, and I hope you can find it. I hope that you find that person who makes your live as worth living as you made mine, and I hope that your love is sweeter than anything in our reality. Goodbye.
Automated voice: *beep* end of message.
-Monika