1

One step. Two steps. Three steps.

"Hurry." A guard pushed me.

Hurry. As in they didn't have the time for me to have my final moments. As in I didn't get to say my goodbyes.

Four steps. Five steps.

I suppose I'd never seen a guilotine from that close. I'd also never smelled it. And the first thing that came to my mind was that this was too shameful of a way to die.

In the dirt, on the ground, not even having all your pieces together.

Six, seven.

My heart raced a million miles an hour as if my organizam rebbeled against what was gonna happen. My mind felt at peace.

However the people around me didn't feel the same.

"I have children! There is no one else to feed them, please, have mercy, please." A tall muscular man begged, tears running down his cheeks. His strong shoulders were slauched and his wrists were bloodied by the chains they'd put us in.

It was almost like a dance. The chains were the drums and the sobs were the choirs luring us to inescapable faith.A song of ending. But it didn't sing to me.

One step up. Two steps up.

I stood as straight as I could looking down at a crowd of monsters and victims. And I had an army at my back ready to follow.

Cries. Screams. Begging.

I wasn't gonna beg. I couldn't see the emperor and I supposed he hadnt made the effort to come. But just in case he was somewhere in there I jercked my chin forward, straightened my back as if these chains didn't pull my fragile figure down and with the pride of my entire life I smirked. Like a victor.

Of course it only lasted a second before they slammed me to the ground pushing my head down.

I looked ahead and tried to remember it all, just in case there was life after and I could serve some justice.

One second. Two seconds.

My vision blurred with fear and my heart raced a marathon and I could feel my hands shaking uncontrollably but it didn't matter.

"Stop." Someone said from the crowd and I wondered why he even bothered.

But then I was pulled to my feet. I gasped in disbelief.

"I would like to have this one." Said again that someone and I looked trough the crowd and faced a young man in the back, surrounded by four guards.

I blinked once, twice.

And then in the matter of seconds I was jercked off the pedestal and into a cage just big enough for me to sit.And pitch black.

"Fuck." I breathed into the air. "Fuck." I kicked the cage but it didn't budge.

Was I about to become some sort of a whore now? And for the man who tried to kill me?

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I kicked and I slammed my chains against the walls. I screamed. Nothing.

The box quickly shifted forcing my head against the wall.

And then it all went blank.