Prologue

I own nothing.  The first book is still up.  The inspiration for the Prologue has been one-shots I wrote initially for my Miraculous Ladybug One-Shots.  Enjoy!

Ladybug and Cat Noir were down fighting in Hawkmoth's lair. Cat Noir recognized this as his home, but he said nothing. He was now more than certain that Hawkmoth was his father, Gabriel Agreste, but he had to tread carefully.

"Ahh!" Ladybug screamed, falling down in a spot marked X.

"Ladybug!" Cat Noir screamed, rushing to her side. Suddenly, a cage fell over top of them. They heard Hawkmoth laughing.

"My akumas! Seize their Miraculous and their weapons!" With that, the akumas came after them. They managed to grab their weapons first.

"We're defenseless." Ladybug stated as a swarm of akumas came their way. Cat Noir hugged her and tried to shelter her with his body in the hopes that the akumas would not be able to reach her Miraculous. However, there was no way to keep their Miraculous' safe.

"I guess we will learn our secret identities." Cat Noir stated, standing up. He and Ladybug held each other close as the akumas got their Miraculous. Instantly, they both transformed back.

"Marinette?!?" A familiar voice spoke. "You're Ladybug?"

"Adrien?" Marinette looked up shocked. "You're Cat Noir?"

"So all this time, I had a crush on you!" Adrien figured.

"And all this time I had a crush on Cat Noir!" Marinette spoke, her mind clicking the pieces in place.

"How could we not figure that part out?" Adrien asked. "You look just like Ladybug."

"And you look like Cat Noir."

Suddenly, a portal opened and several voices spoke in unison. "WE COULD HAVE TOLD YOU THAT!!!" Suddenly the portal closed, leaving both Marinette and Adrien speechless. Suddenly, a familiar person walked over. Instantly, Adrien was not happy.

"Stay here." He instructed Marinette as he walked over to the cage. "WHAT DO YOU WANT FATHER?" He snapped. "OR SHOULD I CALL YOU HAWKMOTH?"

"I didn't realize that you were Cat Noir. At one point, I thought you were, but you threw me off your tail."

"Just like you did when you akumatized yourself into the collector."

"Either way, I have both your Miraculous', and I am going to change the past."

"Let us go!"

"I can't do that..." Gabriel Agreste whispered as Tikki and Plagg hugged each other out of fear.

"At least let Marinette go!"

"I can't. She could reveal my secret."

"What secret?!?"

"I AM THE ONE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR MOTHER'S DISAPPEARANCE!!!" Gabriel snapped.

"What?" Adrien asked.

"When we were in the Mountains of Tibet, we discovered the Peacock and Butterfly Miraculous'. I saw them, but your mother was dangling off of a cliff. She tried to call for help, but I was going to get her after I grabbed the Miraculous'. By the time I got the brooch's, she fell three hundred feet from the air. I lost her that day!"

Adrien was too shocked to speak. He walked over and sat down beside Marinette, holding her while he cried. Gabriel walked over to his podium and began the incantation for the wish. Green and Pink light flashed throughout the room. Marinette and Adrien held each other close, knowing that they were both trapped and defenseless.