Chapter 1: Precious Presents

001

"Hey Shaun! don't put that there! It's fragile remember?". How clumsy. tsk.

"Okay!okay? you're paranoid you know that?". I just rolled my eyes.

My parents decided that I should rent an apartment since I'll be entering college this year. It's really against my will. I love to live under my parents protection and I hate living my own life without them guiding me. Maybe it's just time to be independent. I mean im turning 18, Im legal soon.

I went to the kitchen and check the sink. Usually it's my habit to check the pipes because I hate leaks and trash and etc. Shaun joined me. "You're really gonna do that?!". He teased. "Oh stop! Im just checking. Where's the two dorks? we're all done here without them helping us".

Although im not surprised. Stan and Seige are twins. They're my complete opposite but they're lovely.

"We're here!!". The two chimed in.I smell pizza. "Don't tell me it's....".Stan interrupted. "PIZZA!! yess it is! ha! You're gonna love this!".."I love PIZZA!x." "and we love you too." They replied chuckling. We ate and chatted about my birthday. I just hope they wont throw any pranks that will really annoy me. Stan and Seige are the oldest then Shaun then me. Shaun and I were the closest maybe because he's just 2 years older than me and we both are playmates since we were young.

"Bye Stachys! See you on your day!" They left after a while. Our house is a few miles away. I missed my parents already. I went to my room and unpack my things. This apartment is not really bad. It's a newly open apartment in town and Im the first boarder. I get to choose the really good spot. I haven't finish unpacking when I totally passed out.

The bright light coming from the window hits my face and Im awoken by it. I totally passed out last night. I jumped off the bed and decided to take a shower.

I finish unpacking and scrabble things on my to do list. I have planned today as a major make over of my room. I have gotten my permission on the land owner the day I arrived.

I take all the newspaper and covered everything with it. I pulled out the paints and brushes and started painting the wall. It took me 13 hours finishing everything. Im so exhausted and im all covered with paint. A sudden knock was heard from the door. It's probably the pizza delivery and cheeseburger with extra extra cheese that I ordered.

I open the door and was disappointed seeing Shaun again. "Hi sistah! you left this". He raised the dream catcher while entering. "Oh, I forgot to bring this with me. thank you brotha but I must hate you for not bringing some food." He's not gonna spend his money buying. He loves "Free food"."Wait you paint this all by yourself?". He seemed surprised. "No, who else would it be." I retorted."Yeah state the obvious." He laughed.

Finally the delivery came and we dive in to it. "Stashie?." He mumbled while eating. "Wut? You don't like cheese now?".. He's not gonna say that in front of me I'll gonna punch him in the nose. "nah. It's just..I can't accept you're turning 18 soon. It's like you're still a baby yesterday and soon you'll become a lady. That's very odd.". He got a serious look that's not very him. "Hey! You're being so emotional. Wait how'd you even remember I was a baby when you're 2?haha You can't stop me from growing anyway and you'll forever be my big brother".."aww, you can't be that sweet to every boy you hang out, he might misunderstood." Now he's flashing his perfect teeth. Why he's so cute and im not? blame my genes, its so unfair.awwtss "yassss sir."

When Shaun left, I was alone again.

I woke up from the constant ringing of my phone. Ughh It's only 10am. Wait what?? cheese 10am!!!

"Hello?". "Happy Birthday Stachyyyyssss baby!!". The twins chorus. "Hey don't shout I can surely hear you!". "Come home soon. We'll be waiting!". "Alright! alright. bye". Sometimes these two are really annoying but I love them so much.

I left the apartment when its half past noon. I stopped by at Larry's Lare. Its an animal shop and I really wanted to buy a cat but my dad wont allow me coz I'm allergic to their fur. So I'll just have to take a look at them. You know that feeling when you wanted it so bad but you can't because it's not for you?. It makes me shrug and sigh. I walked over the nearest tea shop and ordered one. I read the caption posted on the wall "Tea is better than coffee". I bet coffee-loving-people will make a comment on that. My last destination is the book shop. I read but Im not constant. I only collect books but never finish reading all of it.

I'm finally home by 6pm. I noticed a black car parked in front of our house. Who must be the visitor?.

I open the door and a party popper were squeezed in my face. "What??????!!!!!" Imagine that, just imagine! I could have die of heart attack!! "Stan and Seige!!!! I love you but I have to kill.....!". I saw Ashton laughing so hard. "You did it? didn't you?!". He's laughing hesterically. "Stop that! or I'll kick your groin". He stopped raising both hands controlling his laughter. "Okay okay cuz! I surrender, but look at you! If you ever saw that face you'll really crawl laughing!". "I'll never buy you bandanas anymore.". This cousin of mine is really the most stupid and annoying person in the world. "Wait what?". "I hate you period!".

"Stash darling Happy Birthday!". I finally saw mom. "Thanks mom, is dad here already?". "Im over here darling!". They have gathered already in the living room. He's seated with thy brothers and cousins and my aunt and uncle. "Happy Birthday Stachys!" They all greeted.

"Please take a seat sweetie we're all gonna give our presents to you." dad said. I pulled a chair in front of them and it looks like im in a hot seat.

"okay First to give?.." dad asked. "We!" the twins said. "Uhm" Stan cleared his throat. "Being your oldest brother is like the YAMASHITA know why?".. "Why?" I asked.. "because you're precious to us and we will treasure you forever."

"Whoa! Im touched hahaha I love you both." They gave me two small boxes then kissed my forehead. The next to give was Shaun. "Hey listen to this! ahem..

"Dora may have boots

Mr. Bean may have Teddy

and Spongebob may have Garry

but doncha worry Stashiie You got me!"

"Where'd you learn that Shaun?! that's lame ahaha." He gave me a large box. This is so unusual because he's very thrifty.

Next was Ashton. I eyed him. "Well I have nothing to give. but would you be okay with my guitar?".. "Are you kidding me Ash?!! Really?."

"Yeah it's not that grand, im into drums now and I felt really sorry for squeezing the party popper earlier.". "No wait! I really want your guitar!! You're gonna give it to me really?".."Yeah". He smiled. "Wow Ash you're the coolest cousin you know that?."."Yeah and you only knew that now?" He retorted. I smile widely."You're forgiven!".

After everyone finished giving me their gifts dad walked me outside. "Do you still remember the time I bought you roller skates?" dad asked. "Yeah dad and I stumbled many times". I laughed at the idea that I'm too dumb in balancing. "Yes darling and I've been there always to pick you up.". This's why I wanted to stay at home because I am loved by these people. ughh.

"Stash would you promise me something?". dad said. "Uhm maybe..yes. what is it?". He pulled a key in his pocket and put it into my hands. "You wouldn't involve yourself into any accidents okay?".. My eyes widened. Did he just? goodness gracious. He nodded and walked me to the car. "Dad this is insane!!!!!!". He laughed. "It's mine and your mom's gift to you. We'll get your license tomorrow, hows that?.". "Awww, Have I told you how much I loved you?". "Haha yes! and It's over a billionth time now. let's get in and eat some."

Im the happiest girl in the world! I got a car!!. We ate and talked about the good times and all the embarassments we have in the past. I am blessed to have this kind of family. It's 10pm when my relatives bid their goodbyes and last greetings to me. Ashton's the last to go out. He's still eating. "Hey! you're sneaking food!". He showed me his goofy smile "Happy Birthday SHE STACHYS DONOVAN!!". then run like a monkey.. He's funny.

After a long day, I finally can rest now.

*this is my first ever fanfic!! awww im not really good at writing but bare with me. I'll try to make this story interesting :))