Chapter Three

Riley walked into the kitchen fully dressed after spending most of the morning throwing up once again

Riley walked into the kitchen fully dressed after spending most of the morning throwing up once again. Dennis had held her hair back the whole time, he wrapped one of his hoodies around her and zipped it up after she put her arms through the sleeves. "Right mum will be here in an hour to come with you to the hospital. I'm sorry I can't come with you babe." Dennis said as he wrapped his arms around her from behind his palms flat against the bump on her stomach. He kissed her neck before grabbing the cup of tea and taking a mouthful of the warm liquid. He walked to the cupboard and grabbed a couple of biscuits  to eat on the way to work. "Den is it just me or do my boobs look bigger?" Riley asked she looked down at her breasts. Dennis choked on his tea before answering "Babe, They always look big to me I'm a guy." Riley nodded in agreement as they both burst out laughing. "Are you sure you don't want me to drop you off at work?" She asked. "No I'm fine. Plus all the guys have been doing since I started is stare at you." Dennis said grabbing his jacket off the couch and kissed her softly on the lips before walking out the door. An hour later Mrs Severs walked through door and they drove to the hospital. They sat in the waiting room until her name was called. "OK Riley. It looks like your in your third trimester. 36 weeks to be exact. Would you like to know the sex of the baby?" The midwife asked. Riley nodded and glanced at Mrs Severs before looking back at the screen. "Ok well,  your having a boy. " The midwife answered. She printed off two pictures and handed to the soon to be mum.

She headed back to the car sending Dennis a picture of the scan

She headed back to the car sending Dennis a picture of the scan. The nurse assured her that the baby boy inside her was healthy even though she only had a small bump. Riley and Mrs Severs went back to her flat and sat in silence up until Dennis walked through the door later that evening. "Babe? What happened to messaging me about what the doctor said?" He asked kneeling down in front of her while she just stared at the picture in her hands. "Dennis, come here a second." Mrs Severs shouted from the kitchen, Dennis listened to his mother and left the blonde looking at the picture in silence. "What's going on mum?" he asked, while he leaned against the counter. Mrs Severs finished cutting the veg for their tea and turned to her son. "She is due in four weeks, Den. My grandson is gonna be here in four weeks." She sighed. "But she isn't that big. How is that possible?" Dennis asked as he ran a hand over his face. "That isn't the worst part. We ran into George on the way up here. He saw the ultrasound pictures. He knows she is pregnant." Mrs Severs whispered so Riley didn't hear her. "I'm dead." Dennis muttered before walking into the living room and pulling his fiance into this side and kissing her head. After dinner Mrs Severs went back to her apartment while Dennis and Riley stayed curled up on the couch where they inevitably fell to sleep.

 After dinner Mrs Severs went back to her apartment while Dennis and Riley stayed curled up on the couch where they inevitably fell to sleep