Haunting From The Past

This chapter will involve multiple changes in POV.

This chapter is taking place a week later.

** Kevin's POV **

"Come on damn!" I said sitting on the couch irritated. Why do girls take so long to get dressed?

"Hold up! I'm doing my hair!" She replied. I guess you could say we were living together. She spends so much time here that she might as well. I groaned and then turned on the tv. I began to flip channels until I saw Love and Hip Hop. Joseline's man looking ass was yelling at Stevie J about some Hip Hop Weekly cover. I laughed at how terrible her accent was. It kinda reminded me of Laila. Just then Tanya finally came out and was ready to go.

"Looking good baby." I said biting my lip. Damn my girl was bad.

"Thanks. Let's go." She said walking towards the door. I grabbed my keys and followed her out locking the door behind me. We hopped in the car and headed towards the cookout. It was about a 30 minute drive. Wiggle by Jason Derulo came on the radio.

I looked at Tanya and said "How'd you fit all that in them jeans?" Making her laugh.

"I have just have to jump a few times and then they're on. " she replied.

"I'm going to have to watch that" I said laughing then biting my lip.

We finally pulled up to the house and parked on the street. We made our way to the backyard and saw Xavier talking to his Aunt.

"Hey Kevy!" She yelled before giving me a hug. "Whose this beautiful lady you're with?"

"This is Tanya, Tanya this is Mrs.Valcourt, Xavier's Aunt."

"Nice to meet you Mrs. Valcourt." Tanya said putting a hand out.

Xavier's aunt grabbed her hand and then pulled her in for a hug before saying "We do hugs here baby girl. Handshakes are for business meetings. Y'all have a good time. I have to go check on my husband." She said before walking away.

Miles walked up and scared Tanya. "SHIT!" She yelled when Miles grabbed her. We all busted out laughing. "That shit ain't funny" she said pouting.

I kissed her on the cheek and then turned to Miles and Xavier. "Where y'all girls at?"

"Cassie called me and told me that her and Emily would be a little late." Miles said shaking his head.

Xavier laughed and said "They're probably consulting each other on which outfit looks cuter." He gave a girly pose and then modeled around Tanya.

Tanya rolled her eyes and said "not all girls do that". We all gave her the yea ok look and then went inside to watch the game.

** Emily's POV **

"Cassie, how does this look?" I said coming out of my closet so she could rate my outfit.

"You look fine. Now put on some shoes and let's go!" Cassie said irritated.

"I have to make sure I look good! I'm determined to go home with Xavier tonight." I said smirking. Ever since our last date he's been on my mind. I can't wait to see him today.

After 20 more minutes of outfit changes and hair and makeup coordination, I was ready to go.

"Finally! Like damn bitch!" Cassie said grabbing her keys and walking out the door. I rolled my eyes and followed her to the car.

We finally arrived at the cookout and headed to the backyard. Just as we were walking over to grab food I spotted Xavier and Miles coming out of the house. They saw us and came over. Miles and Cassie went into their own little world just like Xavier and I.

"You look beautiful" he said kissing me. It felt just as special as the first.

"Thanks" I said blushing. "You look good too. "

"Thank you boo. Let me introduce you to Tanya." He said before turning around and then yelling "Tanya!" Getting a girls attention. She looked familiar.

"Tanya meet Emily and Cassie." He said once she got closer.

"Hey, I think I met you last week at the nail salon." Tanya said to me.

"Yea i knew you looked familiar." I said giggling. She was really pretty. "Nice shorts" I said.

"Thanks." She replied. She then turned her attention to Cassie and said hello.
"Were you gonna take them inside to meet Kevin?" She said to Miles.

"Yea, let's go." He said grabbing Cassie's hand.

We walked inside and saw nobody there. I stood by the door and looked around.

"Kevin, come meet Emily and Cassie!" Xavier yelled.

"Coming!" I heard a familiar voice say. Then I heard footsteps on the staircase and I looked up in disbelief.

"Kevin?..." I said surprised.

** Kevin's POV **

"Kevin?..." She said looking me in the eye.

"Emily?..." I said back in disbelief. This couldn't be real.

"Why y'all looking at each other like that?" The girl I assumed was Cassie said to her.

"Because that's him..." She replied without taking her eyes off of me.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Tanya said coming up to me.

"She's here." I said still staring at Emily. I saw a tear run down her face.

"What is she to you?" Tanya asked as if she were jealous.

I looked down, took a deep breath and looked back up before saying "She's my dead fiancée..."