Cosmic Hangover

I haven't been able to think in a long time. It was always taking the thoughts away. I can't feel it anymore... I can't feel it anymore.

Those damn tendrils of pain, coiled around my being, suffocating me in all its dark power. Dragging me down.

Then it spoke. You are ready.

Now I'm going back, wherever the hell that is, ascending and leaving the others behind. However I don't have the slightest clue as to who or what I even am. My velocity is increasing now...I don't know where I'm going but I can't be here anymore. I'm almost there, I can feel it. As I'm leaving it speaks again...

GOOOO!!!!!

I erupt from the deep black into what is now my body. I brust from my containment in a radiant black-indigo explosion. After a moment of levitation I fall face first into the dirt. For the first time in what has felt like lifetimes it is quiet....

Until I hear the footsteps. It is too dark to see. Not as dark as the deep black, but dark enough. I can smell the stench of my own steaming flesh. The breeze is cool. I almost want to sleep now. My mind jolts back to the footsteps, they're louder than before. The first figure peeks what I assume is its head around the corner. I didn't know I had a heart until it locked its gaze on me. My pulse sped up in horror as I gazed upon all of its eyes. It's not human. No shit dumbass. They all walk in and gather around me. I can sense their eyes all fixated on me, attempting to pierce my mind. One by one the foul creatures draw closer to me. A begin to shed a tear at the realization that I'm going to die now.

You can't.

I can't.

You won't.

I won't.

You will never die.

Suddenly, I jump to my feet. The creatures, startled, move back in unison. I feel rage well up inside of me, I'm going to burst. Once again, my body explodes a black-indigo and I vaporize all life in range of my radiance. I shout against the darkness, "I WILL NEVER DIE!"