Chapter 1

Todoroki's P.O.V

Today is the day I say to myself on my walk back from school. I've been questioning my sexuality for the past few months now and concluded that I am gay. I never felt attracted to women and I've noticed myself falling for my classmate, Izuku Midoriya. Ever since we first talked, I felt his strength radiate from him. His selflessness was beautiful and his courage was motivating.

Today, I plan to tell Fuyumi about my sexuality because she came out as bi a few weeks ago. She has always been supportive of me and my decisions so I trust that she will understand and accept me. I have to be careful, though. I know my father's views on homosexuality and his hatred toward the LGBTQ+ community. One time, he left an injured civilian for another hero to rescue because they were gay.

I sigh as I walk into the house. I go to my room first to change and put down my bag. Slowly, I make my way toward Fuyumi's room, each step lingering longer than the last. I reach her door and knock gently. I hear her chair roll and the doorknob turn before the door opens, revealing Fuyumi's tired state.

"What's up?" She asks, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear and pushing up her glasses. I let out a shaky sigh before speaking.

"Can I come in? It's...important," I say, looking down at my feet as I speak. She realizes what I mean and moves aside, allowing me to come in. She closes the door and sits back on her desk chair, staying silent to let me speak.

"For the past few months, I've started to think," I say, pausing. She nods, urging me to continue. "I've realized that I'm...gay," I finish, turning my head away as I speak. She stands up and hugs me.

"Oh, Shoto. I support you. I'm glad you could tell me this. I know how hard it is to come out to someone," She comforts, rubbing my back.

"Thank yo-" As I was thanking her, the door slammed open by my father, fuming with rage. My eyes widen as I fear that my worst nightmare has come true.

He walks over to me and grabs me by the throat. "You sayin' what I think you're sayin', boy. You better not be a fucking faggot. If my masterpiece is tainted, I swear..." He fumes, throwing me to the ground. His use of the F-Slur caused me to snap. I stood up and took my place right in front of him.

"I'm not your goddamn masterpiece. I'm not your toy so stop trying to control who I am," I speak with venom in my voice. I watch as the flames on his shoulders grow and consume most of his torso. He grabs me by the collar and drags me down the hall. I struggle to get out of his grasp, giving up as his grip tightens. He opens the door to the training room and throws me in. He comes over to me and punches my face multiple times, the stinging and burning turning into a numb feeling. He punches my gut which causes me to fall to the ground. He starts kicking my sides. He stops and I take a moment to breathe as he turns around. He turns back with a knife in his hand. I gasp as he moves forwards. I crawl back, ignoring the pain as he swings the knife down, landing it in my thigh. I scream in agony as he pulls the knife out. He grabs me by the collar again and drags me to the front. On the way, I see Fuyumi packing my bag, knowing that I won't be coming back.

"You're a disgrace to this family and I hope you die. You've ruined my creation and you're going to be the downfall of society," He says as he tosses me onto the pavement. I whimper at the pain and see a bag get tossed next to my face. I look up to see Fuyumi at the front door with tear-stained cheeks. I know she can't do much as she would face a similar fate if she helped me. I don't blame her. I don't want her to endorse pain for my stupidity.

I lay on the ground for a few minutes before standing up. The pain in my leg is unbearable and I fall back down. I use the fence for support as I grab my bag and walk away from this hell.

I limp towards the nearest alleyway and hide behind a dumpster. I slide down the wall and pull down my pant leg to the stab wound. I opened the bag and saw a large cloth bandage and a bit of rubbing alcohol. I silently thank my sister as I take the alcohol and clean the wound the best I can, trying to muffle my screams with a shirt from the bag. I grab the bandage and wrap it around the wound before pulling up my pant leg and laying down on my bag. I grab one of the extra blankets and cover myself. I might as well sleep here for a bit and recover. What did I do to deserve this? Is this my end? Will there ever be hope for me? These are my final thoughts before I fall into a restless slumber.

Edited: July 31st, 2023