2

When I opened my eyes I was full of shock, I thought I was dead.

I stood up to something so crazy I could have sworn I had lost my mind. This is a bad dream, it has to be. Nothing like this is possible, I swear to God this is a nightmare. Please, just only be a nightmare.

My blood was splattered across the walls and my body lay lifeless sprawled out on the floor. In front of me was a man I could not recognize, a man I know I must have known before. What was his name? Why did I not know his name?

He was crying on the floor, his hands covering his face, "What have I done?" He wailed out hoping maybe what he had done might not have been permanent.

My eyes are as wide as they could be at this moment. My heart beating rapidly as I look in the mirror. Behind me was a man in all black, with a face I could not quite see. I turned around and jumped when I realized how close he was to me.

"W-who are you?" I asked, ashamed of myself for stuttering. My fear outweighed my bravery tenfold.

"I am Death. I've come to take you away where your soul will be judged and processed by the council, who will decide whether or not you are fit to pass the gates of Heaven or forever rot in hell," The unknown shadowy figure explained.

I thought for a moment and took in the words he said. Once I was able to process them my lips curved into a smile and soon enough I was softly giggling.

"What is so funny? I am Death, are you not scared?" Tears were in my eyes as I laughed loudly knowing that this was all a joke.

"Okay, okay you can quit with the act now "Death" because I know you're just playing with me. I know that this is just a dream," I said.

"Fine we'll have it your way," Death's phrasing had me confused until he snapped his fingers and all of a sudden we were no longer in the house. Instead, we were high up in the clouds over a large, bustling city.

"AHHH WHAT ARE YOU DOING? I DON'T LIKE HEIGHTS GET ME DOWN FROM HERE PLEASE!" I yelled aloud terrified by what was happening.

"Okay Choi Youngjae, as you wish," Death snapped his fingers and at first nothing happened.

"Wait how do you know my-" I was suddenly cut off by the realization that I was no longer floating. I was now falling from the sky getting closer and closer towards the Earth. I looked up to see Death grinning at me while waving.

"DEATHHHHHHH STOP I'M GOING TO DIE!" I screamed and when I looked across from me my mouth almost dropped. Death was not above me anymore, instead, he was right next to me falling at the same speed. Yet, he looked unphased as to what was happening. He was on his back with his hands resting behind his head. Death did not look like he was falling through the sky, he looked as if he was laying on a hammock.

"You're not going to die, you're already dead remember?" Death told me as if it was a 'duh' moment.

"WHY ARE YOU SO CALM WE'RE GOING TO HIT THE SURFACE AND DIE! HOW ARE YOU NOT PANICKING?" Even if he wasn't panicking I think me freaking out was enough for two people.

"I'm already dead didn't I tell you that? I am Death. I surround the world and plague it with lifeless bodies by cutting their lifelines when I feel the time is right," Death told me, but I didn't care. I was only paying attention to the ground that was growing nearer and nearer by the second.

I shut my eyes and brace for impact because I know that when I land it won't be a pretty sight.

Then all of a sudden everything stopped and the air was no longer going through my clothes. Did I hit the ground?