ii. kiss me

[PART TWO - KISS ME]

••

EVER SINCE THAT NIGHT, the boys had not mentioned the hug, nor how it felt so right for them both. In fact, they didn't even talk about what it meant for the both of them, even though deep down, they both knew it meant something more than just friendship.

The Christmas season had been and gone, with pupils returning back to school. Hermione had asked them both how the holidays had gone, with Draco being over the moon about everything he had experience. They didn't tell her about the nightmare. "So, are you ready for our final term at Hogwarts?" Hermione questioned the boys as they both shook their heads.

"Honestly, no." Harry sighed. He wanted to stay at Hogwarts for as long as possible. He had to plan where he was going to stay after he left, as going back to the Dursley's was not an option for him. He didn't know what he wanted to do after school.

"Me neither." Draco said, running his hands through his hair. He knew his family name was going to affect his future and he was scared. Very scared.

"I'm going to finish school and then take up the offer from the ministry." Hermione smiled. The ministry was quick to offer the golden trio various jobs after the war, Harry not too sure if he should take that offer or not.

"I'm proud of you, Hermione." Harry smiled at his friend. Hermione had done so much to get where she was, excelling at her studies. She had grew, not letting anything hold her back.

"Thank you, Harry." Her smiled beamed. Her friends were so important to her. She had never, truly, felt this accepted before Hogwarts. Draco looked at his friends and smiled. He, too, had never felt this accepted.

••

The bare trees had soon transformed into a beautiful display of blossoms and budding leaves, the fields surrounding Hogwarts had transformed into a sea of green. This only meant one thing for the Hogwarts students; it was exam season.

Draco and Harry had been revising together, while Hermione had decided to sit the exams a few months early, Professor McGonagall believing in the girl and arranging this for her. She had left the school to go and work for the Minister of Magic, which made Harry very proud of her. He thought about Ron from time to time, wondering how he was getting on with his job.

"I just don't understand this." Draco sighed, crossing another word out on his parchment. Harry looked at his work, realising that he, too, didn't understand the art of potions.

"Same." Harry sighed. "I wonder if I will actually pass these exams." He rubbed his eyes, closing his book.

Draco looked at the boy. "You will, I know you will." He gave Harry a soft smile. It was coming up to Draco's birthday. They would both soon be eighteen which excited Harry. He still had to get him a present.