Death

"Cameron, he's next..." "He's so young though..." the conversation between the prison's guards began to fade as a man holding a black bag entered the room.
It finally came to this. The Grim Reaper has arrived. Each footstep he took, unyieldingly sealed my bitter fate.
After what seemed like an eternity, he reached me. He stared for awhile, seemingly puzzled. "You seem as old as my son... Anyway, do you have any last words, Cameron? " the man finally spoke.
Absurd. This entire situation. Was he pitying me? I started laughing hysterically. "Death sentence? Do you know what you're doing, fuckers? I did what everyone of you wanted to do but never did. While you guys hide behind the beautifully dressed words of Law, I got my hands covered in blood. You guys should thank me instead you useless- " the man sent a slap right through my face, breaking my chain of words. "That's enough. " The man covered my head with the black bag. He guided me up the stairs to a higher platform, forced me to my knees as I felt a noose tighten around my neck.
As my inevitable death approached, the world stood still, as I flashed back to the time where life was much simpler. Ironically, I felt at peace during my last moments of life. As if it's my last gift from the world...

P.S I will update every week. Spoiler: Next chapter would be explaining more about Cameron's character and history! Also, feel free to leave a comment! Thank you for reading!