I'm 15

2018 , September 29th .

The sun rises above the hills , the warm glow stretches across every blade of grass, awakening the critters, rodents and birds alike to sing 'rise and shine!' Eventually finding its way to an exquisite mansion. With maids , chefs and butlers bustling about for their young masters usual Sunday morning.

The chef boiled the kettle , spread the butter on the toast, delicately sliced the fruit freshly picked from the farm and by the time the kettle was shrieking , everything was set out rather nicely .

A boy rubbed his eyes lazily as a maid placed his breakfast on his bedside table , the silver tray making a clatter as she fumbled with placing knifes and forks

"noOoO" he whined rolling over in his bed

"Young master -"I told you my name is Phil" he grumbled "young master I cannot call you that ...I take orders from your father who has instructed that we call you 'young Master '"

"he just doesn't want me to have a 'motherly figure' ..." phil whispered more to himself than the maid who had a rather concerned expression on her face now.

"Just... go." He was up now , strands of hair sticking up in all angles , slight drool on his chin , and eyes that were just barely open.

The maid bowed and skittered out of the room.

Phil looked over at the tray, completely unenthusiastic about eating let alone getting ready for the day , but then his nose caught on to the smell of tea...

He began to reach forward nibbling at the bottom of his lip impatiently as he thought of the lovely flavours his taste buds would mingle with, but he stopped in his tracks when..

Knock knock knock

"Philip?"

Phil froze up , he knew that voice .

"Papa?"

The door creaked open and the old man popped his head in the room and the rest of his body soon followed after it .

"I have some big news"

Phil didn't look at him in the eyes , instead he looked down at his pale hands , twisting and clutching them in a nervous habit.

"Bigger than when you told me mum believed she had nothing to live for ?" He croaked feeling a lump form in his throat .

The old man stood frozen in shock at the door way and phil suddenly felt a pang of guilt causing him to blurt out.

"I'm sorry i-i shouldn't of said that-"
"no! no, it's ok ..." there was an awkward silence. No one wanted to break it but it had to be done eventually...

"Phil I'm sending you away-"
"What?"
"I'm sending you to live with my best friend and his wife and son who is about your age!"
"What!?"
"His name is Daniel and you will get along quite well-"
"WHAT?!" Phil was wide awake now.

"I said your going to live with-"
"Yeah I heard you but , WHAT? why? Where? When? How?!"
"Phil calm down!-"
"Call me master Lester." The young boy snarled before slamming his head into a near by pillow and harshly growling into it . His papa sighed.

"Phil your 14 and I think you should really try to have friends your age instead of people like ... Wilbert and molly."
"I'll have you know I'm 15 and wilbert is an excellent Fisher , he's been a pro for 35 years in fact. Also Molly is a lovely lady, and she gives me a free flower every time I go visit her shop."

Phil seemed more than satisfied with his current 'friends'.
"Phil, I can't keep you here stuck in this mansion for your whole life , I need you to feel happy because I know your bored and alone when I'm traveling , you leave tomorrow evening so hop to it." And with these words Phils father had walked out of the room shutting the door behind him.

"I guess I don't have a choice then," Phil mumbled while glancing at the tea. Sighing he reached forward and sized the now moderately warm tea. "At least your my friend," He smiled at his tea and pressed his lips to the brim of the cup , drinking , drinking , drinking.

Empty.