Chapter 1

~(Y/N)'s P.O.V~

It was a cold night, the icy wind whipped against my skin, sending several chills up my spine. Rain pounded against my head trickling down my face. I pulled my jacket closer to myself, trying desperately to trap the last bits of heat inside. My hands trembled uncontrollably, I instantly regretted not bringing my umbrella as I walked the long trail back to my flat. I sighed looking up at the sky that began to darken slowly blanketing me from the light. The street lights flickered, the distant murmur of cars could be heard along with my music coming from my earphones.

I continued walking until I saw a figure sat hunched over on a bench. The figure was clearly that of a male. The dimly lit street light hung over him engulfing him in the tiny light that it brought almost as if it was comforting him, protecting him. I don't know why but I started to walk towards him carefully and slowly. Gulping down the lump in my throat constricting my breathing making it become shallow. The rain still fell. As I came closer I could hear sobs so I quickened my pace to get to him sooner.

I approached him and kneeled down in front of him reaching out for him. As my hand connected with his shoulder he jumped back clearly frightened.

"P-please don't h-hurt me!" He exclaimed.

My face softened as the scared words tumbled out of his mouth. I stepped back and said "I'm sorry if I scared you, I promise I won't hurt you. I just wanted to make sure you were okay"

I couldn't help my eyes welling up with tears for the scared stranger that cowered in front of me. I was about to turn and leave when he grabbed my hand, making me whizz around as fast as a bullet. He weakly smiled as he pulled me into a tight hug, sobbing gently against my chest. "Please, please stay with me" he mumbled against my neck.

I nodded, as I pulled away from him. "I'm (Y/N), what's your name?"

"I'm F-Felix, You have a really nice name by the way" he spoke with a smile his eyes creasing up and at that moment I realised how handsome he was. The way his redish brown hair hung wet over his eyes. His eyes were shining like stars as did his freckles that littered his face nicely. I smiled at him and held his hand.

"Do you want to come to my place?? You will be safe there I promise" I spoke confidently. He smiled as he nodded. I led him to my house unaware that we were still holding hands until I came to my door and needed to break our hands away so I could open the door. The warmness his hands brought me left almost instantly causing my heart to ache. I opened the door and led him inside.