Chapter 1 - The Beginning

⠀⠀⠀⠀Six young high school students made their way down a bricked pathway that headed towards a train station. They were all wearing their own special hoodies on top of their school uniforms. Sunlight descended from above and illuminated their thin and tall figures. It was a rather humid day, the streets were filled with pedestrians going about their usual lifestyle.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"I still don't get why we have to go to school..." The one with golden orange hair said.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"It's so that we don't get suspected," the girl with green bangs swaying past her face reaching to her waists said, her hands tucked comfortably into the pockets of her purple jacket. Her dark brown eyes were closed as her body moved with the transitions of the moving train,she leant her body onto one of the railings. The light haired blonde boy leaning on the opposite end of the railing laughed, "Yeah, and Kido wants to regain the feel of going to school-" he said, before being cut off by a sharp kick to the shin from the green haired girl. He coughed out loudly, gasping for air as he grimaced in pain while the girl leaned back onto the railing once again.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"I overheard some people at the market nearby our hideout saying that we never went to school and wondered if we were criminals or something..." Marry said, her expression calm and blank as her head tilted slightly, her pink hues looking into Seto's. "Are we criminals?" She calmly asked.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Of course we aren't!" Seto immediately answered without hesitation. Meanwhile on one of the metal seats allocated in the train, Shintaro sat and hugged his knees to his chest, his expression uneasy and worried. "It's going to be okay. It's going to be okay. They don't know you here. You won't die," he kept repeating to himself.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Onii-chan?" Momo said softly.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"It's not my fault!" He said, his head jolting up. His expression softened when he realised it was just Momo. "He's afraid of going to school?" Seto asked.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Ha! Reminds me of Kido-" Kano started once again. Kido reached her hand past the pole and pulled on his light coloured hair with ease. "Shut up, Kano."

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Ah! Ah! Okay! I'll shut my mouth! I promise! Ow!" Kano exclaimed, his hands digging into his scalp to momentarily relieve the pain after Kido released her grip and he fell to the ground from the impulse. The train jerked slightly, the robotic voice announced : "We have arrived at XX station, we have arrived at XX station. Students of Mekakucity High, please alight here."

⠀⠀⠀⠀The students pulled up their hoodies and covered their heads, nonchalantly walking out of the train's sliding doors and slipping into the office crowd. It wasn't long before they each realised, they had been separated. "Tch," Kido said, unbelieving her luck. She looked around, left and right. She'd never been to this train station before, she finally realised she was lost. She pulled her cell phone from her hoodie pocket and was about to dial when Kano reached a hand out and tugged at her arm. "How pitiful, Kido got lost," he said, with a broad smile.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"K-Kano!" She exclaimed, surprised, though her tone was always monotonous no matter what. "Lost, Danchou?" The light haired boy smirked a devious smile as his hands made their way down to her wrist. "Let's go, Marry and Seto are waiting." He brought her through twists and turns, evading the crowd of people before they finally reached the exit of the station, where Marry and Seto laid waiting, as Kano said before.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Kido!" Seto exclaimed, his eyes widening in relief. "Thank goodness... We were suddenly all separated and we were going to look for you, but Kano said he'd find you and we'd just slow him down," he said, eyeing Kano whom just smiled innocently. "We wouldn't want Kido-chan to be in trouble in her first day, right~?" He cooed, using '-chan' which irritated the tsundere girl. She raised her knee and slammed her foot onto Kano's left one, making him hop around the empty area of the station in pain. "Let's go," she said, closing her dark coloured eyes and tucking her pale hands into her pockets, ignoring Kano's screams of agony and walking ahead of the trio.