Svenja Jäger

I could hear frantic yelling coming from the direction I was headed. The voice that I heard was recognizable, though muffled and distorted slightly. I started to slow my walk a bit but shook my head and sped my pace to double my walking speed.

"I can't fear mien Kommandant! I must tell her, he could be the last one!" If my calculations were correct, then I had to get an extraction party ready right away. I came up to the Command Centre doors and swung them open with such force that I knocked over one of the Commander's Assistants. As the Assistant fell she flung a stack of papers in the air, then hit the floor with a loud thud.

"Oh, mein Gott! I am so sorry, are you in Ordung?" I asked as I reached down and helped the Assistant to her feet. As soon as she got to her feet she brushed off her Cadet Uniform. I looked her up and down to be sure she wasn't hurt, and glanced at her 'Nation's Symbol Patch', and noticed it was of the 'U.S. Armed Forces'.

"An American, I thought the Americans were..." I glanced at her eyes as my sentence was coming to a close and had seen her eyes were starting to swell with tears. I clenched my fist and darted my gaze towards the Commander's office.

"Where is the Kommandant? I must sprich mit ihr." I said, I started to feel ashamed for almost making an American cry. I glanced at her through the corner of my right eye to see if she had heard me, she was pointing in the direction of women running around in a frantic and chaotic manner. I turned back to the Cadet and looked at her name patch.

"Cadet Mathers?" The name sounded familiar, I started cycling through all of the names of the cadets I had met in this facility and administered the 4N63L Variant to. I then remembered that there was one individual who had lost her voice due to the injection and hasn't spoken a word in two years since coming to the facility. I searched for her file within my mind and managed to figure out her first name.

"Ah, Julie Mathers, you were the one who lost your vocal capabilities after receiving the 4N63L Injection, correct?" I looked in her eyes for a conformation of my findings, and she acknowledged my question with a nod. I looked her up and down, she was definitely fit and had an athletic body, but I still needed to get approval first before I started choosing.

"I will leave you now, and, Es tut uns leid." I turned to the chaos that was the Command Room Floor and started walking. I looked around the Command Table and seen women crowding almost every inch of it with computers and papers, there were paper coffee cups and empty food containers strewn all over it as well.

I started to speak, but my voice was too quiet to pierce the sound of a hundred women trying to yell things to each other or get the attention of another at the table. I knew what I should do if I wanted to be heard over the screams and yells of these women. I reached into my pocket and pulled out a dog whistle and put the tip in my mouth, clenching my teeth on the mouth piece so it wouldn't fall out. I then plug my ears with my fingers and blew as hard as I could. I heard the muffled cries and screams of pain and torture as well as each one of the women falling and the floor and slamming against the table. I took my fingers out of my ears, and the whistle out of my mouth and put it back in my pocket. I looked around the room only to see that almost every woman who was present had collapsed in agonizing pain.

"SVENJA, WHAT THE BLOODY HELL!?!?!?!?" A voice had yelled from further down the table. I took a quick look and smiled, it was the Commander. I started walking towards her, and she started walking fast towards me. We soon meet about five chairs away from the middle of the table, and we both stopped. She then pulled back her hand as far as she could and slapped my cheek with her full force. My body fell slightly on the chair to my right, which I used to regain my stance.