june 26, 1983

it seems to be normal at first.
we were kids, so my care for
actual problems were not
very much existent.

The trees were dissipated everywhere, the leaves were there on the moist ground as well. The positive things you could benefit from it was shade, it was immensely hot and my body could've drenched in sweat for hours. There were leaves on the dirt, they were everywhere, too. I didn't mind not getting snow like what my other friend got in wherever he lived.

I was finally done inserting myself on my usual clothes and I ventured outside to inhale the fresh air. I took a slight glimpse around the familiar area and before I could dart off to somewhere I wanted to go, a heavy hand fell on my shoulder and I looked at the rear to see my father with his shotgun on his free hand.

"Don't get too far, Y/N," he said systematically. He always told that to me.

I nodded vigorously. "Can I go now? Please?"

My father smiled momentarily and he moved away his hand from my shoulder. I took that as my cue and I picked up the cans that I have been saving from last night that my mother had given me from my request days ago. It was for the canned goods and it was now washed, could be used later on for a playful purpose.

I went far enough until I saw a dress that I always have seen nearby the lake. It was a pink and white dress, it was cute but not my kind of type when it came to clothing. There's a little bow on the front of the waist, and it looked beautiful on her.

She turned to me with a playful smile. "Y/N!"

"Hey, Camila!" I greeted back happily.

"Did you bring it?" she asked, she had a small backpack with her.

I nodded. I took off the strap on my shoulder and dropped it on the ground with all the cans scattering out of the sack.

"Great! I brought those ropes." In her backpack, she pulled out ropes that were recently cut and I smiled very wide.

"Let's start now!"