Chapter 13

Branch's POV

I looked at Poppy and then looked at the troll dumbfounded. Camellia just had a huge smile on her face and stepped up closer to her, "Your Highness, it's a pleasure to see you here again." She chuckled and the troll whose name was Orchid had slightly bowed at her, "Thank you for bringing them here, I'm sure you've shown them all of the great things that are in the heart village?" She chuckled back, and Camellia gave a happy nod. She seemed like a pretty laid-back troll, nothing tense about her at all. Poppy just stood quiet, as did I.

"Well, I'll leave you to it my Queen" she gave a small bow and turned around, and walked off. I looked at Poppy and she looked Orchid.

Poppy's POV

She looks so familiar I said to myself, keeping my eyes on her face and I repeated her name over and over again.

Where is that name from?

Orchid smiled lightly at Branch and me, "Well what are you guys waiting for? Follow me!" she gestured for us to follow her enthusiastically as she turned around, and I started to walk, intrigued. Branch followed and we watched where she went.

"So, um Ms. Gale?" I said. I didn't know what to call her, or what to even say.

Orchid began to laugh, "Poppy, I'm the same age as you, you don't have to call me Ms. Gale," she said as she continued to walk forward.

"I... Wait, how did you know my name?" I said looking at her. We were walking towards this large gate of this castle. Orchid went to the lever of this gate and she opened it up. We walked through, and some guards of the gate closed it behind us.

"You really don't remember me do you?" Orchid looked back at me questioningly, "I've met you before?" I said  We went into a room—possibly her living room— and she closed the door. "Just sit here and wait one second."

She stood in front of a big wall that held lots of pictures. There was a big couch and before I could sit down I saw a green glow from the corner of my eyes.

I looked to see that it was Orchids eyes.

She had closed them, and green smoke was seeping through them. I got scared, but then my mind didn't let me move as memories flooded through my head. I heard Branch try to talk to me but my mind spaced out.

-Flashback-

"Hey, Orchy! When are we going to have breakfast?" I smiled.

She turned her head, her purple hair swooshed in a perfectly placed bun, and her light green eyes sparkled. She reached out for my pink hands with her green ones, "We can go inside now if you want to see when!" She exclaimed, and I squealed, "Of course! I'm starving"

We walked inside hand and hand, happy laughs exchanged between the two of us.

"You little ladies had fun outside?" My father spoke, and another man came out of the room holding a pot "Peps you know they did, why ask such a question?"

I try to get a hold of the rest of the flashback, but for the time being, I remember who I'm with now.

My old childhood friend.

I looked up to see something surrounded by a green light being brought down to Orchid. It looked like a picture frame. All of the glowings came to a stop and the picture was now in her hands. She smiled and stood in front of me holding the picture out in front of her. I gently took it out of her hands, "What's this?" I say. She stays quiet for a moment and looks down at the picture as if telling me to look at it myself.