chapter two- saving him?

Kara jumps up and beams at me. "Mon-El! I have an idea!" I smile weakly, still recovering from the lead. "Yea?" I don't care if I'm weak, she's still my Kara, full of energy as usual. "If we can find something to cure your allergy or change that part of your DNA, you can stay!" Oh man this isn't good.

   "Kara.... Are you saying you're going to experiment on me so I can stay on Earth?" She looks at me, tears welling up in her eyes. "Don't you want to stay, Mon-El? Don't you want to be my boyfriend? Maybe even get married eventually?" I sigh. "Of course Kara, but isn't there a way for that to happen without having to experiment on me?" She closes her eyes to think, and then her eyes pop open and she gets very excited. "YES! And we don't have to experiment on you, just... Add something." Why am I getting a bad feeling about this?

   Kara calls in J'onn to bring us to the DEO without having to expose me to the atmosphere and put me in a cell with oxygen, which reminds me of when I first got to Earth. I've changed so much since then. Kara, J'onn and surprisingly Eliza come into the cell I'm in for the time being and I see that Eliza has a needle. "Guys, why do you need a needle for this?

   "Mon-El, your Daxite DNA is what causes your allergy, if we had a way to weaken that DNA with similar DNA, then maybe your allergy will go away and you can stay." Eliza explains. "So basically a simple shot might allow you to stay on Earth!" I eye the needle carefully. "So, um, whose DNA is this?"  Kara looks at me euphorically. "So, I remembered when you were sick with Medusa you managed to stay somewhat healthy-ish because Daxamites and Kryptonians have similar DNA...." WHAT? "Are you telling me that that is your DNA that I am getting injected with?!" Kara smiles hopefully. "Yup!" I raise an eyebrow. "Isn't that the slightest bit dangerous?" "Yes, but for you..." I sigh again. "Just do it before I change my mind."

   After I was injected with Kara's DNA (luckily aliens can't really get AIDS) we decided to test whether it worked by leaving the cell for a couple minutes, slowly weaning me off of plain air and if I can breathe afterwards, then it worked. Crossing my fingers that I don't die...