Chapter 1

I stood in front of BASAS Chindler, my new life, my new chapter. Forgetting Seat Catholic Prep will be hard even though I wanted to be fired but I had to try.

Am I at the right place? I don't know where to park. I don't know where the entrance is. I don't even know where my class room is. First floor? ...Second floor? It hurts to be this helpless, but it hurts even more to work at and be anywhere that's not Seat Catholic Prep. Honestly, I wasn't even sure if this BASAS was a school. For the most part, it looked like a prison. A metal box, to be more specific. Oh, and you can't miss the fake-grass field that was surrounded by a 8 foot tall brick wall. I gathered up all my doubts and set them behind me. There was no other way for me to accomplish my life long prophecy of teaching government without forgetting Seat Prep and teaching at BASAS.

When I was just a child, my parents told me about a psychic they visited while my mother was pregnant. She was always super religious, but something about astrology and psychics roped in her attention. When my mother was pregnant with my older sister, the psychic predicted everything correctly about my sister to the T. Considering her success with the psychic on her first pregnancy, she decided to visit the psychic again. She was curious about knowing how successful I would be, what my fate would be, what kind of person I would be, and all that jazz. Of course, my mom expected the mysterious spiritual woman to respond with the same general facts about my future, except what she actually told her was far from that. They always tell you to expect the unexpected, but nothing could've prepared my poor mother for what the psychic told her.

"Your son will be a government teacher, and nothing will get in his way,"  she said, with a stern expression resting on her face.

My mother was shocked. Aghast. Appalled. No, not because this is some alternate reality where government teachers don't exist, but because she had just realized she had been scammed. Except she wasn't exactly scammed.

When I was in high school, I always slept through my AP Government courses. I never took notes. Never paid attention. Yet I still passed my AP with a perfect score.

When I was in college and selecting my major, I had actually chosen Pre-Med, but when I had received my schedule, it said Political Science and Government. Of course it did.

When I was applying for jobs, I always received acceptance letters from schools I didn't even apply to, for the Government teacher position.

 I never had a choice, whether it was trying to fail government or chose my major, or apply for a different job. Almost like it was fate.

I walked into the prison-like school hoping that the big glass door was the main entrance, the frigid air blasting my face. Holy crap, was the temperature always below freezing?  I walked up to the ladies at the front desk and asked them where my class room was, and headed over to my room. It was very different from Seat Prep, but it would have to do. Not like I had a choice anyways. Even if I had tried everything to get fired at Seat to try to escape my miserable fate, I would still end up teaching government. I should've just stuck with Seat Prep, at least it was like home. here at BASAS, the walls were plain, there were no ceilings, and it was just overall very bleak and miserable. My classroom was small, white, and had very little natural light. It was located near the back of the school on the second floor, across from the economics teacher Ms. V'amour's room.

I only had 30 more minutes until my first AP Government class of BASAS, but I'm certain it would not be my last for quite a while. Teach for 6 hours a day for 5 days a week, try to get fired, get re-hired, teach more, try to get fired again, teach more government. A viciously brutal cycle, a cycle of torture that you would definitely not expect to arise from the simple prophecy of "Government Teacher". I wish I had someone to make my miserable life bearable. 20 Minutes left. The clock ticked on by, but no matter how much time passes everything remains the same. 5 minutes left. While I somewhat enjoyed teaching government it was extraordinarily mis-

The door burst open, and a younger teacher peeked her head in my room, ruining my train of thought.

"Hey! I heard you're new here!" the cheerful teacher exclaimed. I was slightly shaken for a moment, but I realized it must just been the Economics teacher from a across the hall.

"Oh, Hi!", I recovered quickly as I smiled at her. Her smile was vibrant and she practically glowed.

"I just stopped by to say good luck before your first class- err what was it? Mr. Yetti?" she asked as she laughed.

"Ah, no I wish. It's Mr. Detti but you can just call me Mateo," I corrected her, even though I thought it was pretty cute how she messed up my name.

"Okay, then you can just call me Kayley," she informed me with another smile, "But I'd better get going, the bell will ring second now. See you around, I need to go teach my kiddos!"

I didn't want her to leave, but of course, as she had predicted, the bell had rang as soon as she shut her door.