5| The Masquerade Ball (Prt.2)

ETHAN

There he was...the most beautiful creature I ever laid my eyes on. I couldn't really see him because he had a red mask on, but I knew he was beautiful.

My wolf wanted to get at him so bad because we finally found our soulmate.

Everyone was quiet. It was just me and my mate looking at each other.

Of course I had a big smile on my face, but my mates face was hard to read. I couldn't tell if he was happy to see me or the opposite.

"Welcome people to the Malloy Masquerade Ball. Feel free to help yourselves with drinks and and food. This is a night of celebration because....in several months my only son Brayden will become king of the werewolves." Everyone cheered, and clapped, but Brayden's face turned sour when he turned to look at his father a.k.a my father in law.

My mate is a prince?! If he's a prince that's soon to become king then that means...I'm gonna be king. Not just any king...king of the werewolves.

Everyone was going to food and drinks, talking to one another. I turned around looking for Maddison and she was at the food table stuffing her face.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and it was Brayden in his sexy red suit and mask.

"H-hi, my names Ethan Giovanni." I said, with my face turning red. His face was still hard to read.

"Names Brayden...where's your sister?" He asked me.

Huh? This is the first time we meet and the first thing he wants to know is were my sister is at?

"She's over there by the food, stuffing her face." I said pointing at her.

"She's pretty, for a girl that stuffs their food like an idiot." He said.

"Excuse me?" I said. Nobody calls my sister an idiot except for me.

"Oh please, I'm your mate, you're not gonna do anything." He said with a lot of confidence.

"Come with me...and bring your soon to be obese sister along too." He said and walked away.

I saw him walk out of the ball room. I had to take a minute to register all that happened.

Did he really just call my sister obese?

I walked over to Maddison and grabbed her arm. "Woah, where are we going?" She asked with food in her mouth.

"Look, hurry and finish whatever you're eating. The prince wants to speak to us." I said.

"Really? Now?" She's said as she was swallowing her food.

"Yes and on top of that...he's my mate." Maddison's eyes were wide open.

"Are you serious? That means you're gonna be...king." She said.

"I know, now c'mon." We walked out of the ball room and looked for Brayden.

"Where is he?" I asked myself.

"I'm over here you strays." Me and Maddison looked to our left and saw Brayden in this room that looked like a group of people in suits would walk into for a meeting.

"Did he just call us strays?" Maddison mind-linked me.

"If only you heard what else he said." I replied. We walked in the room and we saw Brayden take a seat in the big chair.

"Well don't just stand there like a bunch of bitches...sit." He commanded. Me and Maddison looked at each other and sat down beside each other.

"Take your masks off. I want to see who I'm talking to." He said.