k i n g + s e v e n

"Mikasa!" Hitch said playfully while she tugged at my arm. " I wanna go get some chocolate!"

Chocolate...dark, melting.

Chocolate, dark, bloody.

Blood, chocolate, the heavy stench of iron.

A lost child's cry.

Distant shouting.

Red and blue. Sirens wailing.

Hitch's dead body.

"Oof-ugh." I mumbled in my drunken state. These hallucinations are just so ugly, I want to get out of this but my eyes continued to play tricks on me.

My head was too heavy to lift, my limbs feel like jelly. I breathed deeply again and again until I sounded like a hyperventilating dinosaur. I swallowed back the sick that I felt in my mouth but since I was too grossed out by it, I spat all the vomit on myself. I groaned and rolled away from the table, only to find out that the table was soft. I grunted at the sudden change of place and I felt my fingertips throughout the area, exploring this new place. Turns out, I was on a bed. Whose bed? I don't know. And I don't want to know.

I wanted to sit up and prepare myself for any suspicious activity but my body was heavily intoxicated with the alcohol. Sweat poured as I imagined what could happen to me.

"Ya awake yet, Mikasa?" Kenny? How's that Kenny's voice? "Ah, c'mon. You bring shame to the Ackermans. We don't get drunk that easily. It'll take a whole Pacific Ocean to get us drunk. Not to mention, your covered in your filthy puke."

But aren't I a shame already?

"Kenny...?" I said with a lot effort which made my headache.

"Yes, lass?" Kenny said. "Wanna shower?"

" ...No. "

I heard a glass set down to a wooden table. "Then smell like a shithole."

I know. I am already an asshole.

I tried to sit up but I collapsed back to the bed when my vision became dizzy and spinning.

Kenny coughed and the last thing I heard was the door open and close and I'm alone.

I closed my eyes, hoping sleep will be the remedy of this drunkenness.

Somebody...

My eyes closed and after a brief moment, I opened them but despite the shortness of my rest, I felt much better.

"Oh." Another voice said. It was a man's voice. "This is your little niece, huh, Kenny?"

Kenny replied. "Yup, though she looks nothing like me."

The other voice chuckled. "Hm, yeah." I sat up, bothered at not being able identify who owned the other voice.

I turned and saw Kenny sitting on a couch, holding a glass of wine and as for the other man, he was tall with fair-ish skin and bald. I stared at him, thinking maybe he was Pixis but he isn't. He had crow's feet on both eyes and like Kenny, he was holding a glass that held the type of drink that he desires.

"Hello." He said. "I'm Keith Shardis and I was your substitute teacher once back when you were high school."

Oh, Mr. Keith.

He spoke to me in a well-mannered way and it made me question how many gallons of holy water mixed with soap  did he drank since he was always cursing the students' ears off, as I remembered.